No announcement yet.

Guild Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, as soon as I'm levelled to 20, I'm joining you.

I had a great "leader" today who halfway through a quest admitted FINALLY that they didn't have a clue where to go. After 30 minutes of "follow me u noobs"

That was another -60% Death Penalty mission yay
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Ordered my copy today

I compared prices at www.amazon.com and www.outpost.com (frys' online website) and interesting enough, while frys' offered me lower retail prices than amazon did the S&H difference brought the total closer to amazon's. Only about 5 dollars difference :shrug:

Can't wait to get my hand on the game and start playing
      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Just got it today. First character is a necromancer...not sure what secondary is going to be.

Comment

Yay! More converts!

I've been looking into the maths behind the game, and I've got armour figured now
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

I may end up getting this game for my birthday, we'll see. I need to finish another game first though.

Comment

........I did one mission over 5 times because people refused to listen to my pleas:
              My Personal record: Thirsty Rivers - Six Times ;=)
              And only barely made it. And by Barely i mean only one Member still standing with ~20 Hitpoints.
              I thought Cooperation would rise as the levels get up but to no avail Still lots of guys who never read Mission Descriptions
              [ Like: Kill the priest or he resurrects everty 2 Minuts ]

Especially the German Players are awful, bunch of Killers if you ask me. I tend to use English Districts lately :/
              Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Originally posted by dudemanjack
                Just got it today. First character is a necromancer...not sure what secondary is going to be.
                "Best" Combo seems to be N/mesmer for combined Energy/Lifestealing, myself is Nekro/Monk.

Dont worry about it too much though, you can test every Secondary Profession in the Start Area and you get the Option to change your Second Class again at lvl 20 in the Desert

Also often Seen is N/Warrior, which i think is pretty inefficent
                [ C`mon you seriously lack the Armor to get Head 2 Head with Monster Mobs- Get Warrior/Nekro which results in a slight Energy problem but increases the Survivability big Time] and N/E [Quite Good actually, needs Soulreaping pretty high tough]

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                  Ok, as soon as I'm levelled to 20, I'm joining you.

I had a great "leader" today who halfway through a quest admitted FINALLY that they didn't have a clue where to go. After 30 minutes of "follow me u noobs"

That was another -60% Death Penalty mission yay
                  You are more than welcome. When you are 20 we can duo a bit for items (like soloing but more fun, and only marginally less efficient) and get groups (hopefully not too painful) for the famed Underworld and Fissure of Woe.

Going on from your point IMO the difference between a complete wipe and an easy mission is a clear leader who can stop people attacking the wrong things. Thing is, my leadership skills are quite a lot more advanced than your average GW player, and I'm happy to take the lead on quests, as there are quest arrows.

However in missions it is tough, as there aren't many I've done twice, so I'd rather sit back than be a leader who doesn't really know what to do. This lets in the occasional asshat.

I'm actually of the opinion that bad groups abound during the game, but you don't notice them till you do the tough missions, the ascension ones and Galrath spring to mind. You still have those to look forward to Jam.

Comment

Btw I'm also up for a coordinated alt creation if anyone on Euro servers is.

Comment

I've been looking into the maths behind the game, and I've got armour figured now
                      And you are keeping it to yourself?

Comment

Galrath is evil, but at least the Reward now reflects it :=)

Comment

I died BADLY on Galrath last night. And I mean BADLY. I guess it can't be done with a group of 4 level 16 characters. 4000xp though! I want!

Armour works on a damage multiplication system.

Armour 15 - 400% of the base damage
                          Armour 30 - 200%
                          Armour 60 - 100%
                          Armour 90 - 50%
                          Armour 120 - 25%

And the values inbetween, of course. Armour 60 is where you take the damage on the weapon description.

Each point of Strength reduces armour by 2, so you see how it causes more damage.

Spells that let your attacks "ignore armour" will do LESS damage against AR < 60

Btw I'm also up for a coordinated alt creation if anyone on Euro servers is.
                          Me too I call E/something

I've been around Piken all morning with my Mo/Me, and played with a series of excellent groups. I found that calling, "Healer available for local quests. Knows all routes by heart, will not heal asshats" got me groups very quickly.

I'm really enjoying my healer more than my tank, for the simple reason that I get groups faster, and I know at least one person in the party is going to be healing people. Ok, I have to rely on others to actually do all the killing, and to basically protect me, but I think being a healer is the most rewarding of the three roles for me.

Although... it is GLORIOUS when you can smack people about for 100's of damage with a big sword while blows patter off your armour like rain

-Jam

Comment

Originally posted by Main_Brain
                            Galrath is evil, but at least the Reward now reflects it :=)
                            I got my juicy 4k just after the update.

Comment

I died BADLY on Galrath last night. And I mean BADLY. I guess it can't be done with a group of 4 level 16 characters. 4000xp though! I want!
                              -Jam

You do not have a prayer, and I don't care if you are a monk.

I lead this one with 8 18+ people and it still took a few attempts. This is one mission where one bad player will kill you all, so you need to be lucky with a group.

I nearly broke my monitor on some of the failed attempts. There is one bit with roaming minotaurs and some ranged tree type things you just have to do very slowly. I drew a line and said no one move, and said to the ranger shoot some minotaurs and come back. He shoots, a few players charge in to meet the minotaurs, group wiped.

2nd try (different group - 30 mins later) the ranger runs in, everyone stays put (I made it very very clear ) but then the ranger tries to raise his dead pet and dies instead of running back. I almost cried.

Comment

Me too I call E/something
                                I've been planning E/something as my next char since before you got the game! Is there anything else you want to try?

Comment

Working...
                                X