No announcement yet.

Guild Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. Only problem with Healing Breeze is when you get to parties of 6 and 8, you end up needing 2 healing monks - and double casting healing breeze doesn't stack. You have to somehow split up the healing. But, a regen of +7 or +8 is pretty sweet. All of the skills in the game really work that way - or at least most of them - they get better by enough with your levels that they're still worthwhile.

Mo/Me is a pretty good setup - possibly better than Mo/E for a real healer, but harder to solo with. I like Mo/E also because I can help guild members of lower levels - just a few days ago I did Fort Ranik -> Nolani with an 8th level -> 10th level group from my guild and I basically flared/firestormed the entire thing for them
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
      How does it compare to WoW? (Which is the only MMoRPG I have ever tried)

Asmodean

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
        I've used breeze the whole game to 19.5 so far. It rules.
        The only real problem I see with it is the high casting cost compared with Orision of Healing. Now THAT is a nice spell to spam over and over. With good Divine Favour and Healing it can heal more than 100, I've heard. I'm looking forward to that, for a practically free spell.
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Orison is great for a monk, but I ditched it on my W/Mo prefering to keep breeze and mending.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski

The only real problem I see with it is the high casting cost compared with Orision of Healing. Now THAT is a nice spell to spam over and over. With good Divine Favour and Healing it can heal more than 100, I've heard. I'm looking forward to that, for a practically free spell.
            Orizon ultimately loses to Word of Healing, which can heal twice what Orizon can heal. But that's an elite spell, so maybe not as big a deal...

Ultimately, Orizon is better for people with high divine favor, and/or skills that give bonuses to each monk spell cast; while Breeze is good for low divine favor. Breeze also has the advantage that it's cast-and-forget -- ultimately i think a good idea to have, as you sometimes need to heal someone against poison-type DOT spells while not losing too much time from your other folk taking real damage ...

Comment

I am getting obsessed with healing perfection

Ok, Breeze and Orison are both keepers, as they are very spammable, and high Divine Favour is the whole reason to make a Monk Primary, right?

I need to find something for good energy income. This mesmer energy stealing spell gives an good return (spend 5, gain 8-13), but its a 2-second cast. With the after-cast of .75 seconds I'd make just as much energy from NOT casting for 3 seconds (+4 energy regen x3 = 12). I know there are builds out there that allow constant casting. I just gotta find the right combination

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Most of my energy comes from my weapon and off-hand - but as I said before, you need to find good enough parties so you DON'T have to spam heal. As you go up in levels this will be the case more often than not ... especially if you convince E and Me and N characters that if they get too close to the battle they'll die, and you don't care less ...

Your armor once you can get the tatoos also gets better energy - about +8 net. You don't get + to regen really ever, from what I've seen anyway, but at least you get something ...

Also, keeping heal party on your skillbar helps a lot. It is much more energy efficient when more than two characters are hurt (or more than 3, i think 3 is where it is evenly efficient).

Comment

I'll stir up controversy by saying I think being skilled in the healing role is second easiest after tanking.

Comment

Yeah, I had nothing but bad luck with parties last night.

1.) An E/R running ahead and attacking every monster in sight. I stopped healing them after a few "discussions". Then I stopped raising them Frost Gate is too hard for a level 10-13 party if you have asshats in the party. We did a lot better when we were a man down.

2.) An E/W who ran past fights, leaving the party to fend for itself, let us die, admitted that they didn't have a res signet, and then refused to either die or leave the area. So we laid there dead. While they went on to the mission objective. Pressed M, added to ignore. Found that ignore is broken

Of all the classes I find Rangers and Elementalists are the most likely to be asshats. They see a monster at long range and they attack it. Then the monster attacks THEM, who have crappy armour and they die. Then the warriors get ground down and the monks get swamped. So frustrating. I keep looking for ranged damage dealers who will wait untill the warriors commit the baddies to melee before laying down the AoE spells. The warriors can take the beating, and I can concentrate my heals on 2 or 3 people, and the damage dealers have all the baddies in a clump to kill them off fast.

I have however encountered players that have brains. And they are a joy to play with.

-Jam

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                      I'll stir up controversy by saying I think being skilled in the healing role is second easiest after tanking.

Not true, at all, in either really but particularly healing. Hence why so few good healers are out there (I can't tell you how many parties bow down to me and thank me a million times for 'being a great healer' and seemingly surprised to see such a thing ... Monk requires careful attention to detail, as you must know which of your party members needs healing soonest when two or more are being hit; you must know how to manage your energy when you're in a fight that's going to push your energy; and you must do all of this WITHOUT becoming a patient yourself, usually by letting folks go down in HP more than you'd rather let them, so you don't draw aggro.

Not easy at all - to do WELL, it's probably one of the hardest classes.

Easiest things to be? AOE elementalist comes to mind; or how about raising necro?

Hardest - Well, a good ranger is hard to be, as you must be the target puller and target caller. Target calling is also why a tank is not necessarily easy - many times the TC is the tank. And monk.

Comment

That settles it, I'm getting Guild Wars. I'm wondering what exactly is this 'divine aura' you get if you purchase the collector's set. Is it just something to show off that you got the set or it does do something?
                        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

I have the idea that your character glows slightly.

Comment

If that's it, I'd just buy the orginial set.
                            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Mostly the collectors' edition means you get the headset. Your *items* glow slightly, meaning it's easier to find your items, but that's not really necessary. I bought it for the headset, as an extra $15 for a $20 headset works for me

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                                Yeah, I had nothing but bad luck with parties last night.

1.) An E/R running ahead and attacking every monster in sight. I stopped healing them after a few "discussions". Then I stopped raising them Frost Gate is too hard for a level 10-13 party if you have asshats in the party. We did a lot better when we were a man down.

2.) An E/W who ran past fights, leaving the party to fend for itself, let us die, admitted that they didn't have a res signet, and then refused to either die or leave the area. So we laid there dead. While they went on to the mission objective. Pressed M, added to ignore. Found that ignore is broken

Of all the classes I find Rangers and Elementalists are the most likely to be asshats. They see a monster at long range and they attack it. Then the monster attacks THEM, who have crappy armour and they die. Then the warriors get ground down and the monks get swamped. So frustrating. I keep looking for ranged damage dealers who will wait untill the warriors commit the baddies to melee before laying down the AoE spells. The warriors can take the beating, and I can concentrate my heals on 2 or 3 people, and the damage dealers have all the baddies in a clump to kill them off fast.

I have however encountered players that have brains. And they are a joy to play with.

-Jam
                                Don't talk to me about asshats. Today was my worst day ever........I did one mission over 5 times because people refused to listen to my pleas:

"Please let's clear these or in a minute they will attack us from behind when we do the next group" got me called a noob, shortly before the party was wiped.

I also had an enthusiatic necro who died 3 times before we were more than a stones throw from the map point.

And so, so many more.

Comment

Working...
                                X