X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FG: Gladiator V: "Who is your Daddy?"

Gladiator

quote:
    1. You get 100 points to start, you gain no extra points by winning.

2. You must distribute your 100 points to the 3 areas of attack, defence and power each combat round, which come in sets of 3, therefore you must distribute the 100 points into 9 "boxes".
    Example:
    Code:
    1st A11 D11 P11
    2nd A12 D8 P15
    3rd A15 D2 P15
    No more than 50 points per line. Each ADP is compared to the opponents ADP. 1st<-->1st, 2nd<-->2nd, etc...

3. Ties result in 50% power damage rounded down, afterweapons and armor are calculated . 0 attack 0 defense ties are possible.

4. Each player has 20 points to distribute to weapons and armor. This is public knowledge and is sent in with your gladiator's name. Half of these points are added to each of the 3 A/Ds. They also add their full values to power (if hit) and subtract from power (if hit) respectively.

EXAMPLE: Player 1 selects a weapon rating of 12 and an armor of 8, for 20 total. Player B selects a weapon 9 and armor 11. They then fight each other.

Player A selects 3 sets of orders:

Code:
    12 08 10 = 30
    05 20 00 = 25
    20 05 20 = 45
    for a total of 100.

Player B has selected:

Code:
    05 15 10 = 30
    20 00 20 = 40
    05 20 05 = 30
    for 100.

No one line can equal more than 50.

These are in turn modified by their weapons and armor, and so look like this when complete:

Code:
    Player A            Player B
    att def pow      att  def   pow
    18  12  22       9.5  20.5  19 
    11  24  12       24.5 05.5  29
    26  09  32       9.5  25.5  14

So for the 1st swing, (18-20.5) is negative, so player misses, as does player B, since (9.5-12) is also negative.
    2nd swing both opponents hit each other (11-5.5=positive #, also 24.5-24). Player A does very little; his total is (0+12-11)=1 hit point of damage. Player B hit for (20+9-8)=21 h.p.'s.
    3rd and final swing Player A hits again (26-25.5) as does Player B (9.5-9). Player A does 21 damage (20+12-11) and Player B does 6 (5+9-8). The round ends with Player A down 27 hp's, and Player B down 22. The lost hit points will have no effect on points used for ADP in future combats; ADP always equals 100.

Note that since one player has an odd number for A/D and the other even, these 2 players will never have a tied result.

5. There will be eight players in the quarter finals, each worth 100 hp. The winners of the semi-finals (4) will fight with 150 hp. The winners of the semi-finals will fight in the championship bout with 200 hp. Fights are to the death.

6. In the event of a double knock-out, the contestants will be reset to half their original total (50, 75, 100).

7. Stories will grow in length and detail as the matches progress.

The quarter final matchups are:

1. DrSpike W00 A20
    Versus
    3. Jamski W10 A10

2. paramir W20 A00
    Versus
    5. Snoopy369 W05 A15

4. Gamecube64 W00 A20
    Versus
    7. Sparrowhawk W00 A20

6. Ljube-ljcvetko W20 A0
    Versus
    8. J Bytheway W20 A0

I have orders from Gamecube and paramir. Unfortunately, we can go forward in this game until everyone gets their orders in,....so what is taking you sooooo long?
    Last edited by Spaced Cowboy; June 3, 2005, 10:21.
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Already sent
    What type of idiot quotes himself
    -paramir

Comment

Hey don't get them all in at once....I might get confused or something, something.
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

lol
        -paramir

Comment

Sent!

/me
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Sent May the best gladiator win!
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

spaced taps his fingers:

Ljube, Spike, Snoopy, JB, WTFOMGBBQ!!1!!

Comment

Sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                  Sent May the best gladiator win!
                  I hope so too.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

I hope so too.
                    If i continue to improve at the rate I did forom the game before last and the previous one, I'll be the best
                    -paramir

Comment

Snoopy, JB, WTFOMGBBQ!!1!!

Comment

I think you should just elimnate them
                        -paramir

Comment

Originally posted by paramir
                          I think you should just elimnate them
                          Not sure if you are serious or not, but I hope not. Gladitor seems to be a slow game at best, and has already died a slow death more then once, I wouldn't push for two less players or this game will die too.

Further, if we were reduced to 6 players, how would you suggest we decide a winner? Soon we would have 3 players, and then what? One of them gets a by to the final?

Spaced, not sure if you have posted this already, but how will this game be decided? Battles to the death? 2 sets of 3 rounds? or......???

/me
                          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I think Paramir is just afraid ... besides, this thread has only been up for about a day and a half I have a busy work schedule and can't post every single day

Orders will be sent in a few.
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

And they're sent. Paramir, your humiliation at lance-point is only hours (or days?) away ...
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                              X