Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drink
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Well, everyone's so not unselfish, so I'll guess too... prink.

Comment

I think these are the only three words that fit, so no point in being "team-player".

Comment

The second two word guesses are not valid (rule 2). Please ignore them.

Comment

Rule 2 defines conditions for an update, not validity of guesses. All three guesses are valid according to the current rules.

Comment

Rule 3 clearly states "letter guess", not "guess" or "letter or word guess". I rule in favor of Ljube's interpretation, as the only other rule indicates that you may guess a word at any time.

Originally posted by Drogue
              drink
              To you, sir.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

It used to be the case that all word guesses were accepted when there were multiple guesses, but that is not how we've played it recently. Rule 2 says an update must occur after a word guess, and 3 says that any guesses after the conditions for an update are in place will be ignored.

However, rule 3 should say 'any letter or word guesses' to be more precise, as Snoopy says.

Comment

I disagree. There's no reason to require an update before a second word guess; it hurts the guesser not to have one, but if two people want to make word guesses, it slows the game down (perhaps unreasonably so) to require updates between them.

Anyway, I give the game to Drogue, when he wakes up.
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

The point is you have a constraint on the letter guesses, quite rightly, as otherwise people make lots of guesses when the setter isn't around. If the same doesn't apply you get the same carnage with word guesses, which is why the unwritten rule was introduced.

Comment

I can recall at least two instances of a flood of word guesses (once it was 4 or 5 word guesses in a row if I remember correctly). It's not against the rules, and probably not even against unwritten rules. When word guesses are smart they ought to be made. When selfish and stupid, letter guesses are advised instead.

Comment

I agree with Spike.
                        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

I believe that it's *far* to confusing to try to argue unwritten rules, as we seem to be getting a lot of them. Let's write the rules down, and then play by them. Pulling someone up for breaking a rule that isn't written in the rules is confusing and hardly helps others get involved in the game.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

10 guesses remaining
                          Smile
                          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

A
                            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

R

No need to change rules.

Comment

Sure, why change the rules when we can debate them everytime there is confusion?

Unwritten rules are fine if everyone follows them (or at least all of the "regular" players). As there is disagreement even among the regulars, it seems clear that clarification is required to avoid the same problem in the future.

/me offers his 2 cents worth (1.5 cents Canadian)
                                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
                                X