• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• _ E _ _ _

3 guesses remaining
    incorrect guesses: IARLSTN
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• U
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• M
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• _ E _ _ _

1 guess remaining
          incorrect guesses: IARLSTNMU
          Smile

Comment

• Y
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• _ E _ _ Y

1 guess remaining
              incorrect guesses: IARLSTNMU
              Smile

Comment

• C
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• _ E _ _ Y

0 guess remaining
                  incorrect guesses: IARLSTNMUC

The word was bevvy, meaning a drink.

New word:

_ _ _ _ _ _

10 guesses remaining
                  Incorrect guesses:
                  Smile

Comment

• Y
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• A

Comment

• Hey wait, bevvy is an informal word. Are we starting to give such words?

Comment

• edit: .
                          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

• I think we should use OED and ban words classed as informal or slang.

Comment

• I wouldn't count bevvy.
                              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Ljube
                                Hey wait, bevvy is an informal word. Are we starting to give such words?
                                Originally posted by joncha
                                I wouldn't count bevvy.
                                There's nothing in the rules against it, it was started before the comments against slang and I posted asking if I should change it because it might be considered slang, to which the only reply was:

Originally posted by alva
                                No more rules!!!

So some disagree on a word..Who cares!!

Take a new one and get on with it, this is just a silly little time waster, remember.
                                rant:

There is no rule against informal words, I wasn't even sure it was and I stated that I wasn't sure, and that I could change it. I was given a reply saying don't. If you didn't want slang to be used, either add it to the rules or reply when someone says their word might be and should it be changed. People said qwerty was fine as it was "in the dictionary", and almost all the posts I saw before I posted were saying if it's in the dictionary it's fine. Bevvy's in the OED, therefore it can be considered a standard word, as Spikie said. If we want to change the rules (which I think we should), then that doesn't mean they're backdated to ones when there wasn't that rule.

/rant
                                Smile

Comment

Working...
                                X