No announcement yet.

FG: Galactic Overlord 8, Part 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joncha, your deviousness is second to none.

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassiopeia
      You are taking this far better than I expected. I would be smashing things by now.

Hahaha, he did this in agreement with joncha (or following joncha's orders). Remember, he was happy with the "second place". They played you nicely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
        Ljube, can you also send your orders for the new GO, thankyou

In a couple of minutes, O Glorious Jamski.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ljube-ljcvetko

Hahaha, he did this in agreement with joncha (or following joncha's orders). Remember, he was happy with the "second place". They played you nicely.
          I swear to god, he didn't give me his OOB or anything. And I certainly did not agree to second place.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
            My statement was that I believe that if I am faced with a choice between second place and fourth place, I would choose second place; and would go so far as to plan to achieve second place, if that were possible. I would prefer to win, but when faced with a position in which winning is impossible or highly improbable, I will choose to aim for second; and if I can plan such that I may win, but may be assured of a much higher place at least, then I would choose to do so.

In essence, I believe that positions lower than first are still 'victories' in some fashion, whereas LN believes that positions lower than first are automatically losses.

Dear sweat misguided snoopy, has noone explained to you yet that there is no second place in this game.

Comment

I don't think we need to explain ourselves to other people, Jaguar. My trust in you or joncha is not shaken by a few preposterous claims.
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• This makes the whole situation even funnier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar

I swear to god, he didn't give me his OOB or anything. And I certainly did not agree to second place.

You mean of course you swear to JEBUS?

Comment

Dear sweat misguided snoopy, has noone explained to you yet that there is no second place in this game.
                    Well, see, I can define it for you if there is a language barrier Second place means 'the player who is closest to finishing first, but is not the first-place finisher'. In this game it would be defined either as 'the player who is last eliminated' or 'the player who is clearly the strongest player at the end, but does not win'. Probably the former, because it's easier.

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Using your definition of the second place snoopy, can you please explain to me the difference between so defined second place and the last place defined as "the player who is first eliminated", in view of the rules of Galactic Overlord. Is there any special acclaim for those who finish the game in the second place, compared to those who finish the game in the last place?

EDIT: Or to simplify my question: Do we get silver medals here?

Comment

• They got to destroy (most of) their enemies in a thrilling series of baseswappery, espionage and massive battles Of course, if you only play to win, not for the experience, I will gladly give you the victory, because I will pity you otherwise.
                        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Well, I could have won, but I'm still proud of myself. My rookie game was as good as any and better than most.
                          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

• If it means anything to you jag, I am also proud of you.

Comment

• This was your first game? Wow. I think you have a natural knack for GO. I see a great future ahead of you

Comment

If it means anything to you jag, I am also proud of you.
                                I know we have never met, but you have always been like a father to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X