No announcement yet.

Let's get high!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Starcraft, you can order your Marines to take a special performance-enhancing drug cocktail. Ban starcraft!

Comment

Originally posted by Qilue

*gasp* Philistine
      I know, I'm ashamed
      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
        In Starcraft, you can order your Marines to take a special performance-enhancing drug cocktail. Ban starcraft!
        I never used those until Brood Wars where Terrans got medics - I didn't like the idea of my troops losing some of their health so they could fire faster or whatever.
        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Fallout is still the best

You could kill little kids in that game. Which cause it to have to be released in a censored version in Germany and places that don't allow violence against children in games.

And it had prostitution (you can kill them and take their money as well- GTA wasn't first in this- it's just they have first person graphics making it seem more real). And lots and lots of drugs. Drugs are important part of a major subplot in Fallout 2. And you could kill priests (though religion is a little different in the future ). You could kill anyone you want.

You can even give drugs to kids. (right click and use from your backpack).

No one really complained about the game back then. This was back before people really started scrutinizing games. I doubt a game like fallout2 could be released today.

I have a feeling Fallout 3 will be heavily sanitized. But maybe not too much. Bethesda does have drugs in their Morrowind game. But I doubt you'll have children in Fallout 3 and be able to kill them.

Comment

I think Fallout got away with the subject matter because the game's facade had a 50's motif of christian morals and clean living. Probably another reason it slipped under the radar was because the game was marketed at a more mature auduience and didn't use sex, drugs and violence as a selling point.
            There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Working...
            X