No announcement yet.

Let's get high!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most stores prohibit the sale of M rated games to minors. Where are the parents in all of this?

Comment

Most stores consider that a "suggestion".
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I'm 13 and i ahve sevral freinds who can pass for 18, they jsut get the games for us, or i have my 18 year old brother do it
        What type of idiot quotes himself
        -paramir

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

Fortunately it doesn't seem such a great loss with this game. On the other hand, it does set a disturbing precedent. The Australian version of GTA3 for example does not allow you to pick up prostitutes due to that part of the game being banned here. One day they may ban something that I would like to play.
          I thought prostitution was semi-legal there. What's up with that?

Comment

Fully legal, although heavily regulated (at least it is here in Qld)(less so in other states).
            There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

I tried to buy a 18 title in a game store and the guy had to get his manager because he was too young to sell it too me At least there is one guy out there doing his job right

So 'family groups' have lost the fight against having drugs in films, so they fight their inclusion in games as well. If we are going to have restrictions on what can be included in entertainment, is it not common sense to have the same restrictions across the board? Is the only reason that games should be super restricted is because they are interactive?
              Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                I thought prostitution was semi-legal there. What's up with that?
                Prostitution is fine. Violence is fine. Combine the two of them, or even make it a possibility and the censors have a fit. The problem was that you (the player) could use the services of a prostitute and then bash/kill her afterwards to get your money back. Sexual violence is a
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Fortunately it doesn't seem such a great loss with this game. On the other hand, it does set a disturbing precedent. The Australian version of GTA3 for example does not allow you to pick up prostitutes due to that part of the game being banned here.
                  We should start the 'Let Skanky pick up as many prostitutes as he wants' campaign.

Comment

You realise that actual prostitution is legal here?

Circumventing the ban is rather easy though. Just set your language to English (Canadian) rather than English (Ozzie) and it works. Tis of dubious benefit though.

Comment

You realise that actual prostitution is legal here?
                      The campaign sure worked fast. I just don't know my own power.

Comment

True story.

A brothel opened up in one of the towns here on the north coast. Now this was a legal tax-paying enterprise complete with business statements etc. There was also outcry from good christians who formed a community action group to get the place closed down. The brothel is still open for business.

How does that american saying go, "money talks and bulls*** walks"?

The actual prostitution laws forbit streetwalker type ones, but they are allowed to operate legally in a brothel.
                        There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Originally posted by paramir
                          I would bust Kuci if i was a narc cop
                          Why?

Comment

Well, Civ3 should have been banned too, it has forced labor and you can capture slaves.
                            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

And you can wantonly commit genocide!

Comment

Originally posted by Barinthus
                                Yeah, Oerdin but IIRC, you only seize drugs as contraband for points. Here, it seems that when you take drugs there are positive effects that enhance your abilities.
                                Naw, the bad guys throw needles at you which took away health but made you super strong for a while.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X