No announcement yet.

Revenge of the Sith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars Battlefront is also an example of a good Star Wars game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
      Why not all three platforms, then?
      Because Nintendo doesn't aim for the same market PS2/XBox aim for, and doesn't have necessarily similar capabilities to those two.

DrSpike, you left out the best Star Wars game of all time !!!

Tie Fighter is the best ever Space Simulator, as far as I'm concerned, as well as a bunch of reviewers (as far as they count, which isn't far )... XWvsTF and XW:A are pretty much identical in capabilities (although XWA has the advantage of Win2k compatibility ), yet came out years later. TF was such a huge upgrade over XWing, and if it ran comfortably on my computer i'd play it now, if I weren't too lazy to run dosbox.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Thought I said Tie Fighter, though Battlefront slipped my mind. It really was an off-the-top-of-my-head list to combat the incorrect point that was made.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
          So now it's second hand information that the games tend to suck, often anyway.

Star Wars has actually done pretty well over the years in game terms, as I've shown, though that is admittedly quite unusual for film tie-in games.
          Get in there Spike!!!!, he's on the ropes and in trouble, finish him off!!!!

Comment

Nah I'm done now.

Comment

So now it's second hand information that the games tend to suck, often anyway.
              Nobody can verify everything him or herself, you know. The game reviewers frequently write stuff like the following:

Star Wars games certainly are a mixed lot. For every Starfighter, there's a Demolition, and for every Galactic Battlegrounds a Force Commander. When LucasArts gets it right, the results can be stupefying. When the publisher gets it wrong, well … let's just say you'd rather be sponge-bathing Jabba.
              Lest we forget, here's the Star Wars hall of shame. (And I didn't include all the games with a 7.5 and under...)

Bounty Hunter (Gamespot gave it a 5.5/10)

Obi wan (Gamespot gave it a 4.6/10)

Force commander (Gamespot gave it a 6/10)

Rebellion (Gamespot gave it a 4.5/10)

Gallactic battlegrounds: clone campaigns (Gamespot gave it a 6.4/10)

Phantom menace (Gamspot gave it a 4.3/10)

But yeah, maybe I exagerated a bit. But I still think Star Wars games are mediocre on average.
              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

One of my favorite games is Jedi Academy. Fantastic, IMHO.
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo

Nobody can verify everything him or herself, you know.
                  True, but when you parrot others' views you run the risk you can't defend them, as happened here.

But yeah, maybe I exagerated a bit. But I still think Star Wars games are mediocre on average.
                  Yes, you did. And I don't think you even represented the views of the reviewer correctly. He is saying there are many great games and many crap ones, not that they tend to suck.

There are many great Star Wars games.

Comment

You, Sir, are truly a Jedi advocate. That'll teach me about making a casual comment about an issue I don't really care about.
                    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

But I still think Star Wars games are mediocre on average.
                      Jeez, what the hell does that sentence mean?

Comment

Working...
                      X