Revenge of the Sith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revenge of the Sith

I just got an email about this new game. So I visit the linked site, http://www.lucasarts.com/ep3/indexFlash.html, only to find out that the game, which I would love to buy, is only on the PS2 and Xbox.

Why are so many games now coming out first, or exclusively, on these two platforms?
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Money.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Why not all three platforms, then?
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Your link goes to a pic of Guybrush Threepwood.

Comment

the market for console games is bigger than the one for PC games. plus, when you develop a game for the PC, you have to worry about releasing patches to fix the most glaring bugs, which implies more money.
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
            Your link goes to a pic of Guybrush Threepwood.
            So, the man wants to buy a Monkey Island game - that's no crime

Code:
            Monkey Island and the revenge of the Sith

Featuring:
            LeChuck as Emperor Palpatine
            Guybrush Threepwood as Anakin Skywalker
            etc.

Asmodean
            Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Threepwood would be Luke! How dare you cast him as Darth Vader.

Comment

I was kinda thinking of the cuter Anakin, from the first movie (or fourth if you go in the order they were made)

Asmodean
                Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

You guys haven't learned by now that Star Wars games tend to suck? There's even a Lego video game...
                  Attached Files
                  Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Another one...
                    Attached Files
                    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

KotOr and sequel were good. Jedi Knight and sequel were good. X-Wing V Tie Fighter was good. X-Wing Alliance was good. Star Wars on the NES was good.

Too quick to judge you are, hmm.

Comment

I didn't say they all suck: I said they tend to suck. A couple of examples of good Star Wars games doesn't disprove this.

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo

KotOr and sequel were good. Jedi Knight and sequel were good. X-Wing V Tie Fighter was good. X-Wing Alliance was good. Star Wars on the NES was good.
                          Originally posted by nostromo
                          I didn't say they all suck: I said they tend to suck. A couple of examples of good Star Wars games doesn't disprove this.
                          Don't want to be picky (ok ok, I do ) but I gave 7 games (and that without thinking), which is more than a couple. I'm struggling to think of that many Star Wars games that did suck without digging into really obscure games. There is no basis for saying they tend to suck IMO.

Comment

I admit I didn't do my research. But when someone reviews a Star Wars game, they often point out that Star Wars games tend to suck.

Comment

So now it's second hand information that the games tend to suck, often anyway.

Star Wars has actually done pretty well over the years in game terms, as I've shown, though that is admittedly quite unusual for film tie-in games.

Stuff like Star Trek games in contrast have been pretty poor. You could say those tend to suck, with some notable exceptions.

Comment

Working...
                              X