Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress Is Amazing, Isn't It?

DOOM! I love thee!
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

EDIT: Wolfenstein image seems to be broken.
      Last edited by Skanky Burns; March 27, 2005, 09:44.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I prefer Doom 1. Being confined to claustrophoic hallways sucks.
        Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

What's the new BFG look like?
          Visit First Cultural Industries
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I like claustrophoic hallways, but Doom 3 doesn't use it to scare but to brag about the amazing lights
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

You know what the sad part is?
              The first screen is much better looking than the second one. Honestly now. I know that the first is in sprites and the second is in polygons, but still...

Comment

You can see more of the first screen because it isn't so dark.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Compare both to the graphics of their time. Doom 1 was AMAZING way back then.

-Jam
                  1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                  That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                  Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                  Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                    I like claustrophoic hallways, but Doom 3 doesn't use it to scare but to brag about the amazing lights
                    Doesn't use it to scare? They have such advanced technology but you can't mount your torch so that you can shine it and shoot at the same time!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                      Compare both to the graphics of their time. Doom 1 was AMAZING way back then.

-Jam
                      Which is why I posted an image of Wolfenstein previously - that was the graphics standard when Doom was originally released.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                        Doesn't use it to scare? They have such advanced technology but you can't mount your torch so that you can shine it and shoot at the same time!
                        Just because it's dark doesn't mean it's scary. After a few minutes of play you quickly learn when to expect an enemy so if a creature jumps out of the dark it's not suprising

Comment

You miss the point. Doom3 isn't supposed to be scary beause of enemies jumping out at you, but because of other things. Jumping enemies are a nice surprise now and then, when you don't expect it, but the game overall is scary. The first thing on computer and TV to scare me - that is, I've never been scared by a horror movie or a game to this point.

Doom and Doom3 are also revolutionary in tech for their time. No, there are other great looking games now. HL2 also looks great, and often more beautiful than Doom3. Doom3, though, is the only game that looks real.
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                            You miss the point. Doom3 isn't supposed to be scary beause of enemies jumping out at you, but because of other things
                            Other things? I can't think of anything else about Doom3 that could be scary

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio

Other things? I can't think of anything else about Doom3 that could be scary
                              It's fans?
                              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                              X