No announcement yet.

FG: Galactic Overlord 8, Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, as long as it is only possible to use every few turns under the stay home condition it's far from sure that this would be an issue. Like the anti-spy agency, the opportunity is spent for the next few non-attacking turns if you lay in ambush for nothing.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Allied defense would strengthen rather than weaken alliances. The current setup keeps it an offense-oriented game, rather than a 30-turn crawl.
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Orders sent!

-- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley
          Allied defense would strengthen rather than weaken alliances. The current setup keeps it an offense-oriented game, rather than a 30-turn crawl.
          Perhaps.

I definitely second the vote for 10% to the first OOB. It is more realistic, after all. Your fleet sends the first round of ships - and they take heavy casualties. Extra element of strategy and all that...
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• My orders are sent as well, BTW.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Sent, methinks.
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Orders recieved, I'll read 'em tomorrow. I've got about half of em right now.
                Visit First Cultural Industries
                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• I propose:
                  Ambush:
                  type: special orders
                  effect: all allied attacks are broken up into individual attacks, count as a M command before first round of combat. applies to all attackers. (this still allow another M command in the normal OOB, but the effects of MM don't stack)
                  Last edited by MORON; March 10, 2005, 07:44.

Comment

• We don't want to encourage people to defend, do we? We want CARNAGE

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Yes, but those inflicting the carnage must be at risk as well.

A strictly, limited, and one-Overlord defensive ambush makes things more interesting throughout the game. Now an agressive alliance of Overlords can take other Overlords almost at will with no risk of losing. And even if ones homebases are taken with this tactic, his allies are offen too willing giving a homebase next round, thus minimizing the risk.
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Ambush, if introduced, should be a special order which uses one spy.
                        Last edited by Ljube; March 10, 2005, 10:25.

Comment

• Why?
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Maybe just make it a normal order that uses spies.....

Comment

• If it's normal order then it could be used with some other special order which could lead to the endless ambush-spy loop or ambush-spy deadlock.

Example: Ambush my opponents and train another spy.

Comment

• If ambush can't be used every (defensive) turn then it can't go in an infinite loop in combination with a spy.
                                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                                X