• Show
Clear All

• Bloody hell!!
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Someone hasn't been keeping up on their tentacle demon history... ah well, they'll learn when they repeat it.

Chapter 3.5
      Mixed Blessing

Here is something to think about

Even the giant squid has natural enemies.

Min Grah's posse was already on the trail to the Ventissian hideout on Zol when word finally reached Grah of the sabotage on Axis. It was too late to call back the attack though, as his fleet was already deep inside Ventis space.

Though he'd be fighting without his partner, Min was hardly worried. He'd brought most of his fleet and even though he was packing no heatray, he had ten titans in action.

Better yet, no enemy ships had been seen yet. Had he caught the enemy out of town? Min called for a closer scan. Trouble. The enemy Titans were dead ahead. Too late to abort now... but why weren't they firing? Were maneuvers being planned?

SPLAT.

Damage report: 1 fightertitan lost
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
        I translate that to mean that a spy from Lord Vetko (Lord Nuclear) attacked Geomodder (Min Grah) but as Min Grah would "have to fight this one alone" perhaps there was no spy and Lord Nuclear attacked GeoModders undefended bases?

* Sparrowhawk needs his secret decoder ring to follow the game
        Quoted for Truth.
        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• That was what I hoped for.

Now it remains to be seen if they go home to defend Erehwon.
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Hmm, now I am wondering if MORON (Agath Agathen) was supposed to attack with GeoModder, but a spy from Lord Vetko (Lord Nuclear) kept him from attacking (meaning that Min Grah/GeoModder had to attack Skanky on his own???).

/me continues to fumble along

Edit: But as it is now after 1 am here, I think I had best wait for tomorrow to see the end of this story, though I did hope to see who participated in the one attack
            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Yes you are correct on that.
              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Chapter 3.6
                System Failure

Here is something to think about

Those who prepare for war in due course get the war they prepare for. - Aldous Huxley

Scratch that thing about there being a battle this round. It's more like a one sided beatdown.
                Attached Files

Comment

• While the Robot might have staved off defeat for a few more hours had he not squandered 24 build points on a carbuncle of a space station, against the combined firepower of the Vetko-Siffan alliance, there was nothing he could do. Shields would have saved him like the others, but alas, he had not raised them.

Vetko, having gotten the extra spoils in the last battle, took three of the seven bases, while Siffan would rule the other four.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• While Vetko and Siffan's victory had assured that Lazors remained the last word in conquest, the power of the Electric Shield is not to be underestimated.

So far none has fared the ultimate misfortune yet of having one's home bases captured while off to fight a futile battle. But it may only be a matter of time.

Until then, scenes like this over JEBUS will haunt those vanguard captains for whom their first blood proved to be their own.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Data chart.

Snoopy- check your email, the GUI needs some work.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• I call for a anti lord nuclear alliance. His aggression and size are far too dangerous for the universe to ignore.

lets trace though his history:
                        prebuild: build spy
                        turn one: attack sandman
                        turn two: attacks moron with frigate
                        turn three: attacks paramir, use spy on moron

conclusion: HE HAS NO SHIELD

The time to elimate him is NOW

few players gets caught without a "shield in being" this game, but we've found one.

For detailed plans, use PM.
                        Last edited by MORON; March 9, 2005, 07:55.

Comment

• So here would be a chance to see whether the shield less survive or perish. In the last game, all players caught shieldless was elimated as the other shieldess chase each other in endless attack that writtle down their strenght in a futile attempt to survive.

*and why the hell can't they just gamble on a turn of defense to make a shield in being....ah well I gambled and got killed though*

Comment

• Smiley i'll take a look at it tonight. This morning, I'm ... feeling a song coming on again ...

Code:
                            Hiho, hiho, it's off to work I go,
                            and I'll keep on singing all day long,
                            Hiho, hiho hiho hiho ...
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• JEBUS sector defenses online. Four attackers repulsed.

"You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• I take it that Moron and Geo attacked me, but Moron was spied on and hence couldn't impale his fleet on my mighty shield?

Did they not find it suspicious I wasn't building any shipping?
                                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                                X