No announcement yet.

FG: Galactic Overlord 8, Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's reveal basic orders. Who attacked who?

Comment

• I sat around with a shield up. And I'm certain someone attacked me.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Snoopy and I attacked Paramir.

Comment

• I... well, you'll see
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
            I... well, you'll see

Oh, come on, tell us.

Comment

• I left my planets undefended and attacked myself. If you time it right, you should be able to take all my bases.
              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha
                I left my planets undefended and attacked myself. If you time it right, you should be able to take all my bases.
                Pretty sure that's not allowed ...
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Damn the suspense...

Comment

• I came out of hiding (no Jaguar, didn't get acquinted with your shield), but left defenses as well... anyone who was knocking on my door?
                    He who knows others is wise.
                    He who knows himself is enlightened.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• I as well left a nice present for any attacker.
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• AHA! You're history mate!!

Just kidding.
                        He who knows others is wise.
                        He who knows himself is enlightened.
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Chapter 3.1
                          The Triple Alliance Strikes Again

Here is something to think about

One if by land, two if by sea, three if by air.

Despite horrific worker conditions, the semiautomated Mine No. 447 continued to yield bountiful production for the Colony I system.

"Efficiency of scale good. Must expand."

Eyes turned on the conclaves of Ken Banobi.

"I've had enough of the man's anti-materialism sermons," mumbled Mr. Danz. "Bloody hurting my profits."

"Well, the planet of JEBUS- ahem- South New Coruscant, is in the way of the growth of New Coruscant," added Danq. "Shall we attack?"

"He can't possibly hold off against all three."

"Attack good. Go."

Once again, the fleet of the triple thread assembled. This time, it had grown even more grand, with three additional dreadnaughts of each type, for a hulking total of 42 vessels.

The combined fleet, led by the fearsome infernal Lazor contraptions of the Colony, descended full steam on JEBUS. Ever the cautious three, the fleet had taken a back off formation. It did little to stop the blinding and disintegrating light of the LORD from smiting four laserdreadnaughts and heavily damaging a fifth.

Conquest would have to wait another for another day.
                          Attached Files
                          Visit First Cultural Industries
                          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• originally posted by snoopy369
                            That's because the 'first wave' strength of the first player (the L player) is 300 bp, while the first wave strength of the second player is at most 150 bp. Assuming the first player goes "close in", "spread out", and the second player goes "back off", "(anything)", the second player will likely lose a significant portion of his fleet, with MLL-TFF versus his TTF-FLL or FFT-TLL. 50 points of course are dealt in round one, 100 if F is first, but then a ton of points are dealt in round two (up to 300), and the third round is at least somewhat in favor of the first player (50 points probably). 300 points of damage is enough to win the entire battle ... thus is the strength of Maneuver.
                            The thing with 50/50 F/T fleet is that it needs a MTT-based start. While the first wave strength is 150bp, it forces the laser user to use spread out. Spread out is a double edged sword as it is what makes first turn attacks viable, but it makes the counter so much more powerful.

A turn two attack with MTT LFF, back off can do from 2/3 damage to 1 (total destruction of enemy) at 50/50 chance against a MLL close in spread out fleet.

------------------------------------------------
                            Lets see possible fleet combinations
                            all lasers- very powerful against 3 ship mix fleets
                            all torpedos - stupid due to spread out
                            all fighters - stupid due to bunch up
                            laser + torpedos - stupid due to spread out and can not take advantage of close in/back off
                            laser + fighters - still stupid due to bunch up, and can not take advantage of close in/back off
                            fighter + torepdos - counters lasers somewhat, moderately better than 3 ship mix fleet
                            3 ship mix fleet - requires clever OOB to be effective, as it lack "raw power" OOB against any opponent. Just plain bad against all lasers.

Raw strength comparison: (1 being whole fleet)
                            All laser max attack: 3
                            F/T mix max attack: 2.5
                            T/F/L mix max attack: 2

Comment

• That was the battle? How exciting...

Comment

• who is jebus?

<--- is a moron after all

Comment

Working...
                                X