No announcement yet.

Hello and game question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've played SE IV before; and I have to admit I'm much more interested in RPGs, and a few other 4X games. Master of Orion 2, for instance.

I like roguelikes, but Mangband runs so slowly. It takes a minute to go across town. Not to mention, it loses the turn-based feel when monsters are attacking you before you've acted.

Are there any real-time RPGs you could suggest? If it must be real-time, I would prefer it to be non-cooperative, or optionally cooperative. And hopefully at least a pause feature.

By the way, thanks for all the help, in any case. Heroes of Might Magic sounds fun; strategy elements are aways good. I'll see if I can get a copy somewhere.

Comment

Have you played KotOR or KotOR2?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hello and game question

Originally posted by General Ludd

Yes, and I'm quite sober.

What do yo think the "Biological Descritpion" "Society Disription" and "General History" fields are for, when making a new species?
        Hmmm.....RPG-ish. That's all i'll grant you

Asmodean
        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by Etherlark
          I've played SE IV before; and I have to admit I'm much more interested in RPGs, and a few other 4X games. Master of Orion 2, for instance.

I like roguelikes, but Mangband runs so slowly. It takes a minute to go across town. Not to mention, it loses the turn-based feel when monsters are attacking you before you've acted.

Are there any real-time RPGs you could suggest? If it must be real-time, I would prefer it to be non-cooperative, or optionally cooperative. And hopefully at least a pause feature.

By the way, thanks for all the help, in any case. Heroes of Might Magic sounds fun; strategy elements are aways good. I'll see if I can get a copy somewhere.
          Neverwinter Nights has a pause feature. You can pause at any time and issue commands. Note: persistant worlds for obvious reasons have pausing turned off. It's best to play with friends you know. it makes the game go more smoothly.

And even better if you have a microphone and a program called Roger Wilco. I would discuss battle plans with my brother all the time over the microphone.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hello and game question

Originally posted by Asmodean

Hmmm.....RPG-ish.
            All good strategy games are.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
              Have you played KotOR or KotOR2?
              multiplayer

Comment

Then World of Warcraft or City of Heroes for MMORPG, or NWN/Anarchy Online for cheapskates.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                  Then World of Warcraft or City of Heroes for MMORPG, or NWN/Anarchy Online for cheapskates.

None of those are turn based.
                  Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

He said that wasn't so important after I suggested ToEE.

Comment

A lot of those look not to bad . . . but hardly any are network games. As I have very, very slow connection, I'm not sure if many of those would run very well.

Is Neverwinter Nights network-capable (TCP/IP or IPX)? I've heard it has good modding/editing features.

Comment

Arcanum has network multiplayer, however when I tried it I could not figure out how to save (probably because my copy is missing the manual).

Comment

Is Neverwinter Nights network-capable (TCP/IP or IPX)? I've heard it has good modding/editing features.
                          You can play NWN over LAN, but you need two copies of the game (or at least two copies of the security codes ) for it to work.

Comment

A lot of those look not to bad . . . but hardly any are network games. As I have very, very slow connection, I'm not sure if many of those would run very well.

With a very very slow connection pretty much all MP games (even TBS!) are painful. Still, follow up some of the suggestions and see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                            X