X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XBOX cable recall(fire hazard!)

Asher did this thread in the OT section:

And i got one to the BBC website for uk owners here:

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

I just thought that some of the gamers here don't post in the OT, so as its games related? Time to check my serial numbers etc

EDIT: Sorry I didnt see Nostromos thread.
    Last edited by child of Thor; February 17, 2005, 17:26.
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Microsoft hardware being as buggy as its software, who woulda thunk?
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
        Microsoft hardware being as buggy as its software, who woulda thunk?
        Last I checked, Microsoft has never designed power cables.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Last I checked, Microsoft has never designed power cables.
          but does this reveal a problem with MS vs Sony - IE Sony is in the consumer hardware biz, makes lots of their own parts, and has greater expertise in procuring whatever they dont make?
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.†Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
            but does this reveal a problem with MS vs Sony - IE Sony is in the consumer hardware biz, makes lots of their own parts, and has greater expertise in procuring whatever they dont make?
            No, because Sony has had even more reliability problems with PS2s than MS has had with the Xbox.

In particular I'm thinking of the enormously high failure rates for PS2 optical drives, which spured a class-action lawsuit in the US.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

points and laughs at console owners

I don't have to worry about fire with my PC

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

You will when I put lighter fuel on it

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

Now if only someone would light a fire under PC game sales
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.†Martin Buber

Comment

Simple. Halve the price. I know for myself I'd buy twice as many. Hell, I'd probably buy more. The main thing that stops people buying new games is the price. If they cost about 15-20 pounds for a new game instead of 30-40, I'd impulse buy games on the off-chance all the time.

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                      Simple. Halve the price. I know for myself I'd buy twice as many. Hell, I'd probably buy more. The main thing that stops people buying new games is the price. If they cost about 15-20 pounds for a new game instead of 30-40, I'd impulse buy games on the off-chance all the time.

-Jam
                      Not me, when I'm considering buying a game it's the time investment I think about, I only buy strat games on PC so "Is it worth me spending my time getting my head around this game" is my big decision, the cost doesn't come into it, I'd only waste the money on something else.

So I tend to stick to the 'biggies' Civ, Total War, AOE, RON etc.
                      Last edited by reds4ever; February 18, 2005, 22:31.

Comment

Comment

Christ on a bike thats twice I've quoted myself instead of editting

Comment

Who can afford to pay for all their P*C games, hardly anyone.......
                            It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski

-Jam
                              the price isn't a big deal. I'm just glad they haven't went up. I'm paying the same price for games now that I was 5 or 6 years ago. Actually even cheaper prices at fry's. new games such as KOTOR2 only cost me $38. After a couple of weeks they go up to $50. But after a year or 2 they may drop in price.

Comment

Working...
                              X