Settlers 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ari Rahikkala
    If you want to waste your time with Settlers, I suggest you instead get Widelands and contribute to it by... I dunno, drawing some graphics or writing a better renderer, for instance ?
    some us cant draw or write code
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
      Just finished mission 3. Thanks for all the help

Had to actually reload from save a few times until I preemtively pulled back, deleted a few buildings, and built fortresses in place of guardposts.

Interesting stuff.
      my sense is that guardposts are fine for border pushing, and you only really need fortresses for war. I guess it gets down to soldier:land ratios vs Stone:land ratios for each. Of course the absence anywhere on the net of the kind of nerdy ration mongering found for games like civ or caesar3 makes it hard to answer with any precision? Do the local S2 masters agree?
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Well, there was a chokepoint where you suddenly face two tribes at once. The moment you attacked, they would wake up and attack too. Guardposts fell too fast and didn't provide me with enough soldiers to kick AI's ass, so I went all out.
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

If you want to waste your time with Settlers, I suggest you instead get Widelands and contribute to it by... I dunno, drawing some graphics or writing a better renderer, for instance ?

I just might do that.^-^
          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
            Well, there was a chokepoint where you suddenly face two tribes at once. The moment you attacked, they would wake up and attack too. Guardposts fell too fast and didn't provide me with enough soldiers to kick AI's ass, so I went all out.
            That "the pass" right. Yup fortresses are good for that. Abd dont forget the gold, quality of troops is more important than quantity. and dont forget theres sliders on the military panel that let you push your troops toward the buildings on the borders.

Comment

Nice... Too bad I don't know anything about graphics

And I doubt my programming "skills" would help anyone

But defently something I should keep an eye on
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I build barracks almost exclusively. When I know I'm coming up to the enemy, I change to guardhouses if I expect the buildings to potentially come under attack. Then a fortress or two along the border so I have plenty of fodder to throw at them. Catapault / guardhouse combinations do well to keep the enemy away from you. Massed fortresses do well to prevent the enemy soldiers doing much of anything.

I always build a fortress closer to the interior of my land for training purposes though.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                X