Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FG: Nuclear War XXII - Nuclear Proliferation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FG: Nuclear War XXII - Nuclear Proliferation!

Nuclear War XXII: "Nuclear Proliferation"

The Rules

Each player starts with 3 cities, and may perform 1 order each turn. Orders should be sent to the GM through:

PM

(When orders have been sent, please post a "sent" msg in the thread, to make sure the GM has received the order).

If you don’t send any orders for a turn, you won't be auto-set to do something (The GM won't deflect for you, the GM won't do anything for you... ), and since the GM posts a msg from time to time in the forum about who still needs to send orders, people can see who’s open for nuking, so be sure to send them. You can send the GM a default order, if you wish, but I recommend that you send a queue.

If you don’t send your orders, there will be consequences, unless you can come up with a good reason BEFORE you’re missing your orders (i.e. if you’re going on vacation tell us BEFORE you leave, not when you get home)

Code:
    # of turns missed: Consequences:
    1: nothing
    2: You’ll lose one city this round
    3: You’ll lose two cities this round
    4: ---------you get Wasted--------
    Each turn takes about 24 hours; weekends, holidays, etc. may result in longer turns. (Turns tentatively ending at 5 PM CST (2300 GMT) each day, but this isn't set in stone.) If the GM has received all orders before time runs out, the turn has ended and he'll post the results early.

You will be able to change your orders up until one hour before the end of the turn.

Spy missions don't count as orders: e.g. you can sabotage an enemy and nuke him in the same turn. Each player starts with zero spies. You can send out multiple spies per turn if you have them.

Orders:

Launch Nukes:
    The player can launch two nukes. The nukes can be launched at different players or they can be launched to the same player, depending on preference.

Stockpile nukes: *
    When stockpiling nukes you can launch 2-4 nukes instead of 2 at a time. You can't stockpile stockpiled nukes, the max # of nukes is 4. You don't have to use the stockpiled nukes the following turn. If you've got stockpiled nukes and want to attack someone, but also keep the stockpiled nukes, you may.

Deflect: *
    When deflecting nukes to a certain player, every second nuke to arrive that turn will be deflected to another player (Which has to be included in the orders). The nukes which get deflected is: 1, 3, 5… while 2, 4, 6… will hit

Use Bunker: *
    Each player starts with one bunker. When used, ALL nukes fired at you are destroyed (Not deflected), and all spies sent against you are killed. After one use, the bunker is unavailable, unless rebuilt.

Build a Bunker: *
    Gives you another bunker to use (up to a max of 2).

Train a new spy: *
    Just like it sounds. (No-one starts with any spies) Up to a maximum of 3.

Build City:
    You get one extra city. (No more than 5 cities can be built, this is not IPS).

Sabotage (Spy):
    When using sabotage on another player, the other players orders will be cancelled. This kills the spy used. Sabotage does not work on energy shields; stockpiled nukes launches that are sabotaged lose the stockpile involved.

All orders marked with a * sign shall be referred to as "unknown projects" unless they specifically come into play that turn.

If you post a "sent" msg in the thread, but the GM doesn't recieve any orders, he'll auto-set you to whatever you want your 'default' orders to be - send them with your first orders (Of course he'll send you a msg that he didn't recieve your orders)

The only orders that can be combined are Sabotage with any other order. Stockpile cannot be combined with deflect, for instance.

No war has ever been fought between two nuclear-armed nations. It seems that in the past, wherever the nukes have gone, peace has also followed. Despite the obvious irony of man's most powerful weapons bringing peace, it is true: Nukes ended World War II, the threat of mutually assured destruction kept the cold war from becoming hot, and (so far) they have kept a major war from breaking out between Pakistan and India. But, now 19 different warlords have gotten their hands on nuclear weapons from former Soviet republics. These warlords have preexisting grudges for each other, often times with a great passion for wanting to destroy each other. They also don't fear death, and are willing to destroy each other. It seems as if the time of the nuclear peace is ending... who will survive?

The Factions
    Code:
    The World As It Stands, Turn 0

NameCities
    snoopy369Dog, Cat, Bird
    Lord NuclearCarthago Nova, Caralis, Cyrene
    JaguarFatal Exception OE, Abort-Retry-Fail, Illegal Operation
    Shogun GunnerSake, Ebi, Hokkigai
    ParamirMorgan, Gaian, University
    :) SmileyMud, Brick, Concrete
    Skanky BurnsLiberty, Vice, San Andreas
    KassiopeiaControl, Alt, Delete
    AtragonK-Mart, Zellers, Target
    DrSpikeCiv1, Civ2, Civ3
    Spaced CowboyDoo, Whaa, Ditty
    HerculesCrimson, Claret, Brick
    KuciwalkerTown Hall, Tea Room, Dungeon
    Vlad AntlerkovASDF, QWERTY, ZXCV
    Ljube-ljcvetkoMadrid, Sevilla, Toledo
    Comrade TassadarTassadaria, Intellectual, Kazar
    SparrowhawkMother Teresa, Gandhi, Nelson Mandela
    self biasednatsu, fuyu, haru
    [Exodus] Pheonimars, twix, boost
    Oh, and people can still sign up until I process the 1st round orders, if they want.

Bring on the orders!
    Last edited by Jonny; February 8, 2005, 19:10.

first orders sent
    What type of idiot quotes himself
    -paramir

Comment

ooh ooh! i'm in! i'm in!

orders sent.
      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Orders sent.

Comment

Orders In.

/me
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Sent.
            oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Orders away.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

brought on!
                Visit First Cultural Industries
                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

heya can i tag in on this one didnt see the new sign up thread!! ill send orders now just in case!

orders sent

Comment

Orders in.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Orders sent
                      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Sent.
                        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

sent
                          Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Sent.
                            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

sent
                              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X