FG: Bizarroworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FG: Bizarroworld

I've been playing around with this idea ever since the outbreak of The Disease... now let's see if it works:

Bizarroworld, or what if the people of Apolyton would control the world? The ultimate goal of this game is to stay alive until it ends. You can pick any country you want to, but playing with a major one will keep the game interesting.

Turns consist of two phases which are both equally long. Phase 1 is when you must commit all your foreign actions. At the start of phase 2, some leaders can get emergency situations to which they should often respond, one way or another. During phase 2, any player can cancel the foreign actions it has commited on phase 1 if it does so publicly, ie. in this thread, not by PM. All the public news updates are posted at the start of a new turn.

Let's take an example: I'll start the turn 14 by saying it's 48 hours long, that means 24 hours for phase 1 and 24 hours of phase 2. During phase 1, USA decides to launch up a 17,5% tariff on all heavy industry goods which Japanese companies are importing to USA. At the start of phase 2, Japanese player gets a PM from me stating that the tariff from US is starting on turn 15. The leaders of Japan and USA can now try to cancel the tariff by private negotiations, or Japan can launch a trade war against US, jacking up it's own tariffs as a retaliation. If the tariff stays in place, the effects of it don't start until turn 15.

Current map of the Bizarroworld:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RGBVideo; October 17, 2005, 16:10.

Players list:

Argentina - President Nestor Kirchner (Tuberski)

Bhutan - King Jigme Singye Wangchuck (General Ludd)

DPRK - Dear Leader Kim Chong-il (Jamski)

Egypt - President Mohammed H. Mubarak (Adagio)

France - President Jacques Chirac (Pave)

Germany - Chancellor Angela D. Merkel (St. Leo)

Iceland - President Olafur R. Grimsson (Sparrowhawk)

Indonesia - President Megawati Sukarnoputri (Sandman)

Japan - Prime Minister Koizumi Junichiro (Adrian Hon)

Poland - Prime Minister Marek Belka (Kassiopeia)

Russian Federation - President Vladimir Putin (Lord Nuclear)

Singapore - Honourable Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew (Kuciwalker)

Sweden - Prime Minister Hans G. Persson (Method)

Switzerland - Federal Chancellor Annemarie Huber-Hotz (gjramsey)

United States of America - President World's Wisest Man (Spaced Cowboy)
    Last edited by RGBVideo; October 17, 2005, 16:13.

Comment

Luxembourg.

Comment

sure, why not.

Switzerland

Comment

A simplified NES? Why not. France.
          The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
          - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

I'll have a go. Japan.
            mssv.net - After Our Time - Six to Start

Comment

Hmm. Poland.
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Hmm... Lichtenstein
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Iceland
                  "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Actually I can't even see Lichtenstein on the map....

Let's go for... erm...

NORTH KOREA (lol commies with nukes LOL)

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Germany
                      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

US of F'ing A
                        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Bump.

I'll start the game on Monday... please consider that if nobody grabs Russia soon enough, certain enthusiastic closet mormon fan of the Lord God Putin will eventually take it.

Comment

Sweden

/me coughs *

Comment

Russia then.

Comment

Working...
                              X