Babylon 5: IFH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babylon 5: IFH

OK, So I have no idea what the "I Found Her" title is all about, but I've been playing with it. Thanks to my brother giving me his castoff SIS-315 video card, the game isn't a slideshow anymore.

it's kind of hard, though. I spent some time learning the controls, then spent some time trying to control the Starfury. I banged into various objects for a while, and even slammed full tilt into the jumpgate once.

The problem I've been having lately is getting lost in hyperspace. I keep losing the proxima beam while looking for the lost ship. after that, you might as well forget it.

Am I the only one playing this?

BTW, it's a free download from ifh.firstones.com
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Mmm I will check it out when I can.
    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Awesome find, I dled it and played through, and I have to say, flying through hyperspace is a *****. You have to use auto pilot or you will totally lose the beacons. I spent about a 6th of my fuel putzing around there. Inertia will kill you in there, I wasn't realizing what was going on at first because it is disorienting in there.

Anyway, I auto-piloted that way, and i eventually passed the ship(was going about 7k/s at the time so there it is, and there it goes). The ship blows up and dies anyway, so after that you have to go back to the io beacon.

Then you get to fighting, 2 on 1, thus far the best i've managed is to get 1 kill but then get plastered by the other guy.

Comment

Do you get to fight the shadows?

Comment

Autopilot, eh?

I haven't used it yet. the instructor said to use it to get to the jumpgate in normal space, but I didn't know what key to use and it's not on the keyboard layout they kindly sent with it.

I suppose it's in the control setup section somewhere.

I got to the jumpgate by pushing down the throttle and hoping. I was giong way too fast to slow down and that's how I slammed into the jumpgate, with the instructor screaming at me the las couple of seconds...

I tried the hyperspace once on inertial, once on cruise. lost the beam to proxima both times. any advice on speed in Hyperspace? the readme says don't go too fast or too slow. is 1k/sec about right?

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...

Comment

Haven't seen any shadows, and consider it unlikely since the timeline is about 5 years before B5 goes online. The shadows weren't being public at all back then. My guess is the most that'll happen is passing one in hyperspace.

I think the time is even before the Icarus landed on Z'Ha'Dum.

So it's unlikely.

Comment

Fly to Z'Ha'Dum and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Father Beast
                Autopilot, eh?

I haven't used it yet. the instructor said to use it to get to the jumpgate in normal space, but I didn't know what key to use and it's not on the keyboard layout they kindly sent with it.

I got to the jumpgate by pushing down the throttle and hoping. I was giong way too fast to slow down and that's how I slammed into the jumpgate, with the instructor screaming at me the las couple of seconds...

I tried the hyperspace once on inertial, once on cruise. lost the beam to proxima both times. any advice on speed in Hyperspace? the readme says don't go too fast or too slow. is 1k/sec about right?
                yea its ctrl a, press esc and go to the control setup options, theres all kinds of stuff that scares me there . In there set throttle increase to shift w and throttle decrease to shift s. what this lets you do is set the speed your engines will try to achieve in cruise mode so you don't have to hold down the w button.

Originally posted by DrSpike
                There is no hyperspace beacon from sol to Z'Ha'Dum unfortunately they shadows don't maintain that for us, what a bunch of bastards. Plus they don't have an earth force jump gate in the system so the fighters we have can't exit.

Comment

Haven't seen any shadows, and consider it unlikely since the timeline is about 5 years before B5 goes online. The shadows weren't being public at all back then. My guess is the most that'll happen is passing one in hyperspace.

I think the time is even before the Icarus landed on Z'Ha'Dum.

So it's unlikely.

it talks a lot abour commerce raiders in the actual campaign, it is entirely possible that we will eventually run in to the shadows, and knowing our abilities to fly in zero gees we will then most likely run into the shadows

Comment

Autopilot, eh?

The time I crashed, it was into him

Let auto-pilot handle it, even doing that there were portions of the trip that the proxima beacon was only at 20% strength, I don't think you can fly the whole way at 100% strength. I guess you have to angle yourself right on top of it but I can not do that. Also auto-pilot does the calculations for speed so it will ramp up and then turn down as you get closer to the destination, it rocks. The beacons are millions of meters apart so speed will ramp up fast, as I said I got up to about 7.5k/sec. that said you don't fly to the sol-cooke deal, once you get back to io beacon(god that thing saved my twice when I lost all the beacons...) it gets you to cooke automatically.

Comment

Oh dear god, I just beat the first 2 fighters from alpha group, and I was maybe one hit away from death, but I thought, yay I'm done! Guess again: "Here comes the next two, be careful, these guys are better then the last ones" I got a hit in, then beta 1 got one in, then I died.

Comment

I'll have to check into this...

I was incredibly disappointed when the B5 space combat sim was cancelled years ago.
                        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

well I know more about Hyperspace travel now. It is possible to ride the beam, but you have to stay at a "Safe" speed. Slower then a certain amount and the currents carry you away, faster and inertia kills you if you try to correct your course. generally between 2 and 3k is safe if you don't want to just turn it over to the auto pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                            [KOSH]
                            If you go to Z'ha'dum, you will die.
                            [/KOSH]
                            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Alright I've started mapping out hyperspace since I saw in the forums that there was actually stuff. I'll try to make it there.

Comment

Working...
                              X