No announcement yet.

Babylon 5: IFH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the keyboard layout. It's a zipped .jpeg because it's almost 1600 pixels wide and I didn't want to reduce it for fear of making it unreadable.
    Attached Files
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs

[KOSH]
      If you go to Z'ha'dum, you will die.
      [/KOSH]
      Cool, let's try that then.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha

yea its ctrl a, press esc and go to the control setup options, theres all kinds of stuff that scares me there . In there set throttle increase to shift w and throttle decrease to shift s. what this lets you do is set the speed your engines will try to achieve in cruise mode so you don't have to hold down the w button.

I thought that's what the + and - keys were for. use them in cruise mode and you can set your speed, and then wait for your ship to achieve that speed. I set it for 1k/sec and it held it there just fine.
        Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
        ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs

[KOSH]
          If you go to Z'ha'dum, you will die.
          [/KOSH]
          If you recall, Sheridan did go to Z'Ha'Dum, and died there.

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...

Comment

Originally posted by Father Beast

If you recall, Sheridan did go to Z'Ha'Dum, and died there.
            yea but that won't happen to us...

Comment

Alright, made it to Alpha Omega in the training, nothing happened,however there is a map for that jump point, so I'll try going there in the campaign hyperspace mission(which thankfully starts closer to AO, I had to go all the way from sol, and it was a long ass trip).

I thought that's what the + and - keys were for. use them in cruise mode and you can set your speed, and then wait for your ship to achieve that speed. I set it for 1k/sec and it held it there just fine.
              I didn't see that, if it works it works. But I like the shift w setup because its right over the w key. by the way, mastering flight in inertial mode is the key to not dieing instantly in dogfights it seems.

Comment

OK, I guess autopilot is the key to hyperspace. I used it and never lost the beacon. I was actually past turnover going about 10k/sec when I heard the death cry of the Enchanter. they told me to get back to Sol, but by the time I slowed down, I was already to Proxima. There was a beacon from there to Cooke, so I took that. he still complained that I needed to get back to Sol, though. I guess once I got back to Sol from Cooke, then I was instantly transported back to Cooke.

Anyway, I did some plaing around next to the proxima beacon. it seems you can't get much closer than 1000 meters from the beacon. the autopilot sets it to 200m/sec when you get close and that maintains a constant distance of about 2000 meters. It's like there's some kind of repulsor field that keeps you away.

Also, while at the proxima beacon, I couldn't find how to get to the jumpgate. Neither at the Cooke beacon. I was hoping he would show me how when we got there, but it was automatic

I'll try more practicing with inertial flight. the nice thing is that you don't go back to zero whenever you let up on the throttle.

Comment

OK, I guess autopilot is the key to hyperspace. I used it and never lost the beacon. I was actually past turnover going about 10k/sec when I heard the death cry of the Enchanter. they told me to get back to Sol, but by the time I slowed down, I was already to Proxima. There was a beacon from there to Cooke, so I took that. he still complained that I needed to get back to Sol, though. I guess once I got back to Sol from Cooke, then I was instantly transported back to Cooke.

Anyway, I did some plaing around next to the proxima beacon. it seems you can't get much closer than 1000 meters from the beacon. the autopilot sets it to 200m/sec when you get close and that maintains a constant distance of about 2000 meters. It's like there's some kind of repulsor field that keeps you away.

Also, while at the proxima beacon, I couldn't find how to get to the jumpgate. Neither at the Cooke beacon. I was hoping he would show me how when we got there, but it was automatic

I'll try more practicing with inertial flight. the nice thing is that you don't go back to zero whenever you let up on the throttle.
                  I've discovered that auto-pilot is the safest and fastest way to get somewhere in hyperspace, but it burns through fuel fast since you are constantly accelerating or decelerating, its not a concern in the missions that they provided yet, but it may someday be.

Anyway you can't use jumpgates yet, it isn't programmed in, so the mission just ends when you make it to the beacon.

There isn't any repulsor field, it is just the currents, you have to be travelling faster then a certain amount to not get knocked around by them and if you are moving that fast you can't really stay near the beacon.

If you want to find the enchanter you have to get absurdly lucky like I did the first time I flew or fly it manually. line yourself up with the proxima beacon while near io and make sure inertia isn't dragging you sideways or up and down, then accelerate to 2k/s. When you get to about 1M meters from Proxima slow to 1k/s. Eventually you should hear dialog from the instructor that "this is hopeless... I wonder if species can sense direction in hyperspace", your character responds that he knows of one.

He is apparently a telepath(that broke the law by joining Earth Force by the way), when you hear this, at around 900km either way, you should be close to the enchanter, and you should start hearing something that sounds real vague. slow down to 500m/s and look around. the swirly vortex thing gives you greater sight range, so look at that. as you get closer to it what you hear becomes clearer and more coherent ex:someone whispering "get me off of this thing" if you stop hearing stuff turn back and go back towards Io and continue looking. You don't have to find the enchanter though, but if you want to end the mission in under a half an hour you better
                  Last edited by Whoha; January 5, 2005, 13:52.

Comment

Finished up with the campaign, had to "cheat" in two parts. 1 was the fight in hyperspace, the other was where I cheesed the nova class destroyer in the last mission.

Comment

Wow, I do recall hearing something strange in hyperspace one of the times I lost the beacon, but had no idea what it was....

Comment

Working...
                      X