Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FG: Nuclear War XX: "The Final Frontier"

Planetary Nuclear War: "The Planet Killers"

Each player starts with 3 planets, and may perform 1 order each turn. Orders should be sent to the GM through:

PM

(When orders have been sent, please post a “sent” msg in the thread, to make sure the GM has received the order).

If you don’t send any orders for a turn, you won't be auto-set to do something (The GM won't deflect for you, the GM won't do anything for you... ), and since the GM posts a msg from time to time in the forum about who still needs to send orders, people can see who’s open for nuking, so be sure to send them. You can send the GM a default order, if you wish, but I recommend that you send a queue.

If you don’t send your orders, there will be consequences, unless you can come up with a good reason BEFORE you’re missing your orders (i.e. if you’re going on vacation tell us BEFORE you leave, not when you get home)

Code:
    code:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # of turns missed: Consequences:
    1: nothing
    2: You’ll lose one city this round
    3: You’ll lose two cities this round
    4: ---------you get Wasted--------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Each turn takes about 24 hours (Ending at 2 PM CST each day) (Though there might be some changes, so don’t count on it being ready every day at this time... maybe it’ll be earlier, maybe later). If the GM has received all orders before time runs out, the turn has ended and he'll post the results early.

You will be able to change your orders up until one hour before the end of the turn.

Spy missions don't count as orders: e.g. you can sabotage an enemy and nuke him in the same turn. Each player starts with zero spies. You can send out multiple spies per turn if you have them.

Orders:

Launch Planetbusters:

The player can launch two planetbusters. The planetbusters can be launched at different players or they can be launched to the same player, depending on preference.

Stockpile planetbusters: *
    When stockpiling planetbusters you can launch 2-4 planetbusters instead of 2 at a time. You can't stockpile stockpiled planetbusters, the max # of planetbusters is 4. You don't have to use the stockpiled planetbusters the following turn. If you've got stockpiled planetbusters and want to attack someone, but also keep the stockpiled planetbusters, you may.

Deflect: *
    When deflecting planetbusters to a certain player, every second planetbuster to arrive that turn will be deflected to another player (Which has to be included in the orders). The planetbusters which get deflected is: 1, 3, 5… while 2, 4, 6… will hit

Use Energy Shield: *
    Each player starts with one energy shield. When used, ALL planetbusters fired at you are destroyed (Not deflected), and all spies sent against you are killed (transport ship is destroyed by the shield). After one use, the energy shield is unavailable, unless rebuilt.

Build a Energy Shield: *
    Gives you another energy shield to use (up to a max of 2).

Train a new spy: *
    Just like it sounds. (No-one starts with any spies) Up to a maximum of 3.

Build Planet:
    You get one extra planet. (No more than 5 planets can be built, this is not IPS).

Sabotage (Spy):
    When using sabotage on another player, the other players orders will be cancelled. This kills the spy used. Sabotage does not work on energy shields; stockpiled planetbusters launches that are sabotaged lose the stockpile involved.

All orders marked with a * sign shall be referred to as "unknown projects" unless they specifically come into play that turn.

If you post a "sent" msg in the thread, but the GM doesn't recieve any orders, he'll auto-set you to whatever you want your 'default' orders to be - send them with your first orders (Of course he'll send you a msg that he didn't recieve your orders)

The only orders that can be combined are Sabotage with any other order. Stockpile cannot be combined with deflect, for instance.

Spaced, the final frontier.
    These are the voyages of the Cowboy's mind.
    It's continuing mission:
    to explore strange new games,
    to seek out new lifes and civilizations (like IV),
    to boldly go where no one has gone before.

The CAST:

Code:
    Current State of the Universe

NameCivilizationPlanets
    Lord NuclearOverseersFreedom, Tranquil Base, Luna
    Skanky BurnsLavandosMichelle, Melissa, Leanne
    HerculesAtheansMercurius, Saturnalias, Uranius
    KassiopeiaStar PeopleOceania, Eastasia, Eurasia
    King AtragonRoyal BeastsManticore, Sphinx, Gryphon
    :) SmileyFederationKidicigrad, Pekkaland, San Kenobi
    Luke KuciwalkerThe RebellionRed SQ., Green SQ., Blue SQ.
    Jonny come latelytan(cos(-1))Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry
    SpamskiThe Empire Death star, Darth's Home, Tie fighter
    Dr. SpikeyBuggersNuke, Lear, War
    SparrowhawkVulcans captainMacDonald, King, Laurier
    WhohaDopplegangersJamski, Dr Spike, Kuciwalker
    Self BiasedKlingonsaki, fuyu, haru
    Ljube-LjcvetkoRomulansPlanet 1, Planet 2, Planet 3
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Spaced Cowboy; December 17, 2004, 16:32.
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

The leader of the buggers points out that, whilst turns of more than 24 hours when the GM is busy are fine, turns of less than 24 hours aren't really fair on people who check 'Poly once per day.

Comment

Since no one's sent yet, can I still join in?
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

sent.

Comment

Sent.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Oddres Scent

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

You all suck.
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                Since no one's sent yet, can I still join in?
                Yes, get your city names and orders in, Mr. Real Life Crisis.

And if anyone wants their name or empire changed....let me know.
                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I never said crisis. Just need to concentrate on work more.

Happy Planet, Sad Planet, Scary Planet.

Comment

That qualifies as a crisis in my book.
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Going to work usually qualifies as a crisis. If not, one will generate at some point.

And sent.

Comment

sent
                        Visit First Cultural Industries
                        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                          I never said crisis. Just need to concentrate on work more.

Happy Planet, Sad Planet, Scary Planet.
                          I come to work so that I have time to post.

Comment

Sent
                            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Sent.

Comment

Working...
                              X