No announcement yet.

The Fall(out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You realise this game will only be cool if it has the minigun in it.

Right?

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

It reminds me more of Jagged Alliance but 3D...(I mean the design)

I heard they were working on a sequel to Fallout Tactics (or Fallout 2 woteva) and that it would be in 3D as well.

I really should try these games out because everybody I hear talking about the game says it kicks ass.
      Just too bad I don't think I'll have much time with exams coming up pretty soon, and having discovered pen&paper D&D with some friends
      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
        Just get the German version dudes. Germans have to get the English version all the time.

-Jam
        You are crazy. German sounds so ridiculous. For foreigners who don't know the language it might even sound pretty cool, but because I can correlate the words with my own language which is teh suck in terms of gaming terminology btw, I just laugh my arse off when they translate enemy monster names and the like...

A Headhunter = ein Kopfjäger

Not everything sucks though... eine Hexe pretty much pwnz a witch
        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

But trust me, german sounds so much cooler than danish
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Germany produces some pretty top notch games, both boardgames and PC games. Gothic I and II spring to mind. Of course there are others like the Patrician series which only seem to appeal to a narrow section of players, but they do innovate. The Guild is one I just wish had sold well enough to get fully debugged.
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Trajanus
              II heard they were working on a sequel to Fallout Tactics (or Fallout 2 woteva) and that it would be in 3D as well.
              Not happening.
              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                Just get the German version dudes. Germans have to get the English version all the time.

-Jam
                Btw all Jamski sounds a little bit German, so he is biased.

Comment

I just got the game, but so far I've got lots of complaints about the game:

The game is laggy as hell and so far I haven't found any options to turn down for the graphics
                  And the camera is very difficult to use. So far I've found two options for camera: 3rd person view, and a view were you can turn around the selected character (stuck like in 3rd person view except where you can turn the camera 360). You can't zoom that much out, so it's hard to get a good view of things. In the beginning there's a training mission where you had to get over a wall then shoot the enemy behind the wall, but because of sucky camera it wasn't possible to shoot the enemy just after landing on the other side of the wall because you couldn't see him. Ok I could see him, but I couldn't shoot him, since the mouse-cursor for the getting over the wall had a higher priority than shooting enemies, so I had to spend several minutes to turn the camera in a way so I could actually see some ground I could click on, to make the character move so I could finally click on the enemy to shoot him. If this was a real battle I would have been dead already.. I sure hope there's some camera option I've missed (like top-down view)

So far I haven't been in a real fight, but I've got my first mission:
                  Kill the leader of some very dangerous (or so they say) gang, which would also be the same person as the one who killed your father.
                  Sounds like some huge mission for a first mission? What's more weird is that even though it seems like my character is just some random person nobody knows, they made me a leader of this group of 5 people (which I could chose myself). I barely know how to control one character, and now they say that I should lead 5 characters?
                  Ok, I have no idea how difficult that mission is, but I'll see next time I start the game...

Oh, and the voice acting is extremely bad... it's not acting at all. As they recorded it the "voice-actors" just read what was written in the script without knowing what kind of character they were playing (You can even hear when they got to the end of a line in the script, because they're making weird pauses, even though they're in the middle of a sentence

Comment

sorry couldn't resist laughing.

You're our resident beta tester.

Comment

sounds pretty bad, which sucks, cause i was somewhat interested in this game. hope it gets better as you play more!
                      Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

I'm just thankful I didn't pay money for it

I sure hope the english voice actors are better and they fix the bugs when they release it...

Comment

/optimist mode
                          If its from an "alternative source" then perhaps that might help explain some performance issues.
                          /end optimist mode

Looks like the geran version is up to patch 1.4 already. At least that means they are supporting it actively. The English version might actually be playable out of the box
                          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                          H.Poincaré

Comment

I do have the update (and it's 1.5 IIRC) installed

But from a quick read on the official forum it seems to be a common problem... but I should note that I only read very few threads...

Comment

Working...
                            X