No announcement yet.

Pirates! gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm... didn't we have a thread a few weeks ago with exactly the same name? I just thought this was the old thread, so didn't notice it went gold... is it out yet?

Can't wait to get my hands on SM* Pirates!

*Damn, why is it that I always see a picture of some pirates dressed in SM clothes
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

It's out today it's out today!!!!
      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Too much potential to discolour old memories. I think I'll wait and see before playing this.

Comment

Ye of little faith! I'd grab it today and let you know how it went but right now I don't have time to start a new game
          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

So, is it released?

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
              So, is it released?
              I went to Gamestop and the guy told me they will have a shipment in today. I will go and buy a copy as soon as I get off from work.
              'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
              G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Hmm, first impressions?

Comment

I assume the game was delayed or something?

Comment

I got the games! It is really cool. The graphics rock and the gameplay is really close to the original. And the new features are a welcome addition. If the graphics weren't so pretty, it'd feel like you were playing the original
                    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"

Comment

Sounds good... ok, I haven't played the original, so personally I don't care if it feels the same or not, as long as it's a good game

Comment

The original was grand.

The first game I spent night with

I must have the sequel!

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                          Sounds good... ok, I haven't played the original, so personally I don't care if it feels the same or not, as long as it's a good game
                          If you've never played the original, you'll still love this game. The graphics are gorgeous. The interface is very good. In fact, if you've seen screenshots you probably noticed the keypad in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. It is a really handy reference when learning what buttons to use.

The game itself is a lot of fun. There are other evil pirates you can chase and get rewards. There are villains who hurt your family that you can enact revenge. You can court the governors' daughter. There is a backstory but the game really lets you do anything you want. There are no restrictions on your strategy. You can be a nice trader or a vicious pirate. You can go anywhere, do anything.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Sounds good! When I get my computer fixed, I'll pick it up surely .
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Oh man! Sounds great!

But the system specs.... doh! Outta my league at the moment.

Hmm, perhaps it's time for a new computer

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Is it out here in Britain yet? I didn't see it...

-Jam
                                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Working...
                                X