XBOC LIVE is it really worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maquiladora
    Whats that 256 cable? and what type of games?
    I dunno, it's cable internet. From Cox. And Halo 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
      Your opinion doesnt count FF, you have a Mac

I can get CS and Q3 with a ping of <40 and I would seriously think about it if I thought there was any chance I could play Pro Evo 4 on 256Kb cable, but I highly doubt it.

People with Macs can play Xbox Live.

Comment

They're usually the people at the bottom of the ranking list, commenting on how the team's Halo uniforms aren't colour-coordinated.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Ahem. I'm posting on an eMac, yet I have a better level than many PC'ers.

Comment

X Box

PC

why pay for X box live when you obviously already have an internet connection on a PC?

Comment

So I can play Xbox Live games on Xbox Live.

Comment

why pay for X box live when you obviously already have an internet connection on a PC?
                My PC wont run some games on the same level of detail at a steady speed as well as my XBox, plus I get to play it on a TV without faffing about.
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                  You wouldn't pay for an Xbox either, so why would you even read this thread?
                  To counter-balance all the Xbox fan bois that will post saying "OMFG XBOX IS TEH L337"
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                    To counter-balance all the Xbox fan bois that will post saying "OMFG XBOX IS TEH L337"
                    You're just pollution, a counter-balance would be an Xbox owner saying why he would not recommend Xbox Live.

A spammy child without an Xbox has no useful input.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I must really aggravate you for you to lash out the way you do. You're really quite amusing.

If I owned an Xbox, and thought it sucked, I'd just be an idiot for wasting my money. One of my friends has an Xbox. I've rented an Xbox. I know what games are on Xbox. Trust me, I don't need to own one to know it sucks. If I did buy a console, I'd get a PS2 so I could play GTA:San Andreas.

You remind me of an old friend of mine. A little know-it-all punk who thinks he's an expert on everything because he owns everything. I suspect part of your negative attitude towards me is some sort of latent self-loathing that comes with the knowledge that you've wasted your money. Don't insult me just because you're mad at yourself, Asher.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

You call this lashing out at you?

I'm not an expert at everything because I own everything, but I have a much more informed opinion by owning and playing all of them than someone who for the longest time blasted all console games without mercy, and now say Gamecube is alright while blasting the others...

Further, said twit enters a thread about something he can't possibly have an informed opinion on...

Comment

What constitutes an "informed opinion" about Xbox Live? I know what it is. I know what games are available on it. I've played many games available on Xbox live. Why do I need to own an Xbox to have an "informed opinion"?

Also, owning an Xbox would just make it more likely that your "informed opinion" is biased.

Sure I give consoles a bad rap, but that's mostly when compared to the superior games on PC. Gamecube is a good console because it has unique games (good games) that you can't get on PC.

I blast Xbox because, IMO, I believe it's a waste of money. This is based upon my own experience playing Xbox and Xbox games.

How is my opinion not "informed"? It's not as if I've never seen an Xbox. We're not talking about something super secret that requires ownership.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Quit lashing out.

Not everyone has the same taste.

Here's some simple reasoning for you: Not everyone has the same taste. You've already deemed Xbox a waste of money in your eyes. Your opinion is therefore rather meaningless to people who do not consider an Xbox a waste of money, especially when takling about premium Xbox services.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                              Not everyone has the same taste.
                              I was just about to say that.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X