XBOC LIVE is it really worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XBOC LIVE is it really worth it?

SO with HALO 2, I get a free 2 months and the secret with all of those free 2 month subscription deals is that if you don't tell them to unsubscribe you at the end of the two months, then you are stuck on it, and have to end up paying in the end. (I've had this problem with TIME, and then Rolling Stone)

With that In mind, I’ve been thinking a lot aboot signing up for XBOX LIVE, however, from what I hear it might not be all it is cracked up to be. Annoying people on headset, wusses who leave the game when they are aboot to get pwned, lag, and trouble finfing an open game with people who don’t suck and aren’t miles above you skill wise. All this for 50 bucks a year, or about $4.50 a month.

To those of you who do have a subscription, please tell me what you would say are the positive and negative points of XBOX LIVE.
    Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
    Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

I've played over 50 games on it in the past two days

Comment

I wouldn't pay for it.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

You wouldn't pay for an Xbox either, so why would you even read this thread?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I've heard postitive reviews of it, mainly that it is best when you can play with friends who aren't so close by,
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I like it

Understand that there are a million *****es and *******s online, but you don't have to play with them. there are many more cool people than lame people overall. Find some friends to team up with online. Then it'll be fun.
            "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

I have been playing it since Saturday afternoon (taking an occasional break to breathe). Waiting for matchmade games to be set up is a turn off, but once you build up a friend's list and join custom games, it is a blast. Lag has never been more than a minor annoyance, and even then only rarely. Lame TKers have not been a problem. People with headsets can be irritating, but it has never become a major problem. I won't be extending my subscription for it, but that's just because I'm a cheapskate.

Comment

People with headsets can be irritating
                People without headsets suck! You need a headset to play properly. How else do you communicate?
                "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Elitist

Comment

I hate you and every other noob (I can't believe I just used that word ) that tries to be on my team in any game and doesn't have a headset. You tell them to do something... did they understand... who knows? There's stuff going on that's important that they're the first to see. Can they tell you? No.

In straight deathmatch games, it might not be important, but in team based games where things need to be coordinated it sucks if you are stuck with someone w/o a headset on your squad. In splinter cell, you get booted almost 100% of the time if you don't have a headset, and that's how it should be.

Comment

What kind of connection do you need? Im talking about with reasonable lag though, not the minimum requirements.

FPS deal with a slow connection a lot better than say 2D fighters or sports games, Id be wanting to play Pro Evo Soccer 4 and i highly doubt 256Kb/sec cable is enough. The PC version of PES4 actually recommends 1.5Mb/sec connection for netplay but I guess its less optimized.
                      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I've never had any lag. I have cable, and a wireless network. Even though the adapter complained that signal strength was low, it works perfectly.

Comment

Whats that 256 cable? and what type of games?
                          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

It's tempting, but the problem for me is that it's mostly shooters.

That and the fact I barely have time anymore to play the games I do have.
                            I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Your opinion doesnt count FF, you have a Mac

I can get CS and Q3 with a ping of <40 and I would seriously think about it if I thought there was any chance I could play Pro Evo 4 on 256Kb cable, but I highly doubt it.

Comment

Working...
                              X