No announcement yet.

KOTOR is w00tly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sentinels. I don't like Sentinels, I prefer either saber mastery or force awesomess all the way. Accept no compromise.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

What force powers did you have?

Comment

I loved it, but thought it was too one dimensional. Too many traits and abilitieswere utterly useless. Repair? Security?

I epecially loved the room at the end filled with killer droids that you could just hack through the wall to get through. great move there guys.

But seriously, I lvoed the game, played it through 3 times, have done all the quests (IIRC). I just hope 2 isn't just a hacked remake with a slightly new plot.

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
          Well, the story is unoriginal. Think about it...if your character has amnesia there has to be something about his past, and frankly what the story had was the only obvious conclusion.
          I never saw any amnesia. Unless the questions about "who is bastila" etc. are "amnesia". I took those to be introductions to the game, of the same sort as "how do I use you to open doors" and stuff like that.

Comment

At the end, I didn't have any offensive force powers except the force wave or whatever, so I had to beat Malak fifty times

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Master
              IIRC a lot of buff spells. I used Force Shield, Force Speed and Force Jump a heckuvalot, and maybe some of those "bless" spells etc. too. Oh and Force Push (Wave?) to push the damn Sith down so that I could properly Flurry him.
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                Sentinels. I don't like Sentinels, I prefer either saber mastery or force awesomess all the way. Accept no compromise.
                Guardians and Consulars were way too easy for me. The balancing act of building a decent Sentinel was a lot of the fun of my first few games.

By the time I was facing Malak I had Force Wave, Force Breach, Plague, Master Speed, Master Valour and Force Immunity. I was a 4/16 Light Side Scout/Sentinel.

I loved it, but thought it was too one dimensional. Too many traits and abilitieswere utterly useless. Repair? Security?
                I won't argue that security is useless, and that Stealth in this doesn't compare to Hide and Move Silently in NWN, but as for Repair...

Spoiler:
                You need a total of 17 points in repair to be able to restore HK-47's memory, hear his stories, and bring him to full potential. And you need to have it done before the Leviathan. This can include the boosts you get from your Int modifier, items and Force Valour, but it does help to have invested at least a few points in Repair.
                "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Perhaps I'm stupid, but what is the "second" plot twist people are talking about?

Spoiler:
                  Bastila's betrayal?
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I'm not quite sure Guynemer, but I think you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                      Perhaps I'm stupid, but what is the "second" plot twist people are talking about?

Spoiler:
                      Bastila's betrayal?
                      That's the one.
                      "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                      "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                      "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Cross-post.

Comment

Originally posted by BustaMike
                          BS... it's easy to see. Especially if you go to Kashyyyk before the Leviathan, then you'd have to be a freakin' ****** not to notice it because of what that computer says to you.

But even if you haven't gone there, you've got to expect the plot twist. I suppose some people just refuse to pay attention to that stuff, but I saw it coming miles away. Where's Revan and why don't they show his/her face - dunno, you can't remember stuff why - dunno, you have visions (about stuff you've seen before), etc. etc.
                          I was getting suspicious during that time. But I was really reading the dialogue fast. I wanted to get it over with and move on with the game. The second time around I payed more attention to the dialogue. The first time I was just anxious to complete the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Master
                            What are people's thoughts on KotOR II: Sith Lords? To me, it seems the same, with some tweaking, more force powers/weapons, new plot, and that's it. I'll still buy it though. The first one was quite enjoyable to me, as my son, my father and I, always played it when my father and mother came over on the Saturday.
                            As they have said why fix what isn't broken.

gameplay should be almost exactly the same. though I hope they do a few interface tweaks. I have no problem with that.

more powers and all that is good. but the most important part is the story and role playing. And good dialogue and voice acting.

True, bioware is not doing it, but they have put the game into good hands. the company that has many top notch Black Isle programmers. I think they can put out a pretty good game. But I don't expect anything revolutionary. It is a sequal after all.

Comment

Beating Malak the first time was a little challenging. I was a scout/guardian.

I didn't have very many cool force powers. I had force wave or whatever. and lightsaber throw. Those aren't great powers, and I couldn't kill those subjects he used to rejuvenate himself.

I ended up looking at a tip thread and finding out he has a weakness to thermal detonators. And being the pack rat I am, I saved all of mine and had plenty to chuck .

The second time I used force powers (I was evil this time) to destroy the subjects he uses to rejuvenate, and then I wiped him out melee style with my lightsabers. I was a warrior/consular this time around.

Comment

Maybe so in the final analysis, but it gets A+ in production value at every point.

Yep, like I said, hindsight is 20/20 . Just because the main character has some amnesia doesn't point exactly to Revan. When you finish, maybe you are slapping your head... but you know what happens in the end .

Who found it very easy to beat Malak?

Not I. I found it hard as Hell. After a reload or two, I realized the important thing (ie, with the trapped Jedi) and then barely beat Malak with my health very low with no more health packs left.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X