Superpower 2 coming out this week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superpower 2 coming out this week!

Following in the footsteps of Superpower, Superpower 2 is coming out this week, around Oct. 6 -- 7 2004!

Read about it, and also they have a forum for the previous game and current coming-out game!

The sequel to the ambitious geopolitical simulation should make conquering the world a whole lot easier.

Ambitious project again!

Multi-player will be added!

More like a modern day simulator game of Civilization with depth in the game, while commanding a made up game world. The first game varied, so this newer game may be more real, but have to read all about it again.

They had a training program with it so the computer could be trained (took days) to make mods and train the computer to play again the human.

Learns how you play, and the game could be trained in the first version!

Hopefully it doesn't suck ****.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

sounds intriguing, will wait a while first...

Comment

Been follwing the updates for the last 6 weeks. Gamespot gave them a nice write up but have to wait and see.I know that 2 years of work went into many new game designs and smarter ai.

Comment

So, who has it yet?

I won't be able to get it for a few days due to finances.
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I was really dissapointed with SuperPower. I am afraid I won't take the chance with SP2 unless there is a demo and I really really like the demo.
            'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
            G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

There is a demo, and its a LOT better than Superpower.

Anyway, I can't wait to get it here...But its going to take forever to get here
              Is the AI improved? I know the first one boasted a super fancy AI but when I played it, the AI made completely nonsensical moves like Luxemburg invading Taiwan.
              'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"

Comment

How is the diplomacy Diplomat?

Have a 4 day weekend and was going to pick up Superpower2 but has been pushed up to the 12th of October.
                I hope its a great game. Have not been follwing a new game like this since Call to Power 2. Like Ctp2 there seems to be many who made mods to improve play in the first Superpower.One thing will be given with SP2 are tools with info on how to make there own mods and also how to make changes to the ai.

Comment

Anyone yet?

Comment

I just got back from BestBuy/EBGames/Gamestop and only EBGames did I find mention. The guy said they should be receiving a box or two soonly, so check back later this afternoon/evening. Unfortunately, I just found out I might have to rent a tux for a formal dinner tomorrow night and won't have money for the game until next mid-week if that's the case.

Comment

Well, Best Buy didn't want my money even after giving me a 10% off coupon 'cause they still didn't have it; EBGames still hasn't received it; Walmart don't gots it (whoopdeef*ckingdoo, a couple cents off of the regular $29.99 ). So I just placed an order off of Amazon.com w/free shipping, so sometime around the end of the month it should be delivered. That works out better for me 'cause it would be a distraction that I can't afford for the next week or two; I need to focus on school stuff.

Comment

the demo won't work for me. It says it can't connect.

Comment

Well? What did your friend say about it?
                          The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Oh well... that´s a very annoying bug
                            The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

I think the only bug that would be more annoying is the game crashing after hitting "New Game".

Comment

Working...
                              X