No announcement yet.

Morrowind Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2) I'm playing XBOX Game of the Year, will I miss out on any content that would otherwise be included in the PC version?
    Yes, sort of, there is some area, blood something that is included in the xbox version, and morrowind w/ the expansion pack for the pc. However IIRC somebody was telling me, back when we had a real whop-diddly-opper of a Morrowind thread gouing, that you can still get there, but there is a slight trick to it, and its not really like the PC where you walk into there.

Does this ring a bell w/ nebody?
    Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
    Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Here's the place to start for new heads.

Around 80-90% of head and hair mods are re-textures of his meshes.
      There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for the great info guys.

I'm all for developers making more money by switching games to platforms such as the X-box, but if more and more games originally targetted for the pc are done this way, I think we will all be saddened by decreased content & modability . Though compared to other games, such as Deus Ex, nearly all the content seems to be present in Morrowind.
        "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Nah, as long as you are aware of the differences/limitations of the console versions I don't see that it's a problem.

Theres plenty in the XBox version to keep the average gamer more than happy for months, but for the hardcore (or sad!) gamers that don't think that will be enough for them can buy the PC version and give real life a miss for 2 years or so.

As long as theres a choice and the buyer is aware, it can't be a bad thing to give the consumer more options

Comment

Hye if you wnat, we can restart the Morrowind dsicussion thread from the days of old. It was pretty fun, until it dies off Like NESing at Apolyton is.
            To find out wtf I'm blathering about, quit your chicanery and haul your ramshackle arse over to the stories and diplomacy section.
            Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
            Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

everybody talks about mods, which ones? where do you find them?

I seen a list of mods, but they didn't seem to do much. Like add a shop or vendor. Who cares about that?

Comment

Re: Morrowind Questions

Originally posted by Pythagoras
                I'm playing Morrowind, and I'm trying to get into it. My main question is :

1) How do governing attributes work? How do they factor into the skills they govern? How does "agility" factor into sneak, is it computed into the skill (bonuses like the d20 system) or does it make it easier to increase skill in the skills it governs?

2) I'm playing XBOX Game of the Year, will I miss out on any content that would otherwise be included in the PC version?
                It may take a while to get into it. But it's worth it to keep it on your hard drive. I think I first started playing in 2002. It was only up until a few weeks ago I had any interest in playing the game. I played a little in 2003 and finished a few mages guild and fighters guild quests. But these past few weeks I have finally finished the game.

I can't say I like it as much as the infinity games (BG1 and 2, IWD 1 and 2, PST), but it's a worthy RPG. Exploration is a fun part of the game for me, the main reason why I continued playing. But now that I've explored everything (well not really- I still have 1/4 of the map unrevealed), I'm kind of bored of it. I may try some mods or buy the expansions.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                  Solver:
                  Any particular Mods you would recommend? Especially ones that keep the game challenging later on.

CreaturePack by Horatio and GIANTS are nice, first makes monsters tougher as you level up, second adds some new ones. Nerevarine Castle is a mod I love because it's simply spectacular in every aspect.

Besides these, there are some dozen other mods that I really, really like...
                  these sound interesting. how tough do they make them? hopefully not too tough. I don't like struggling in games

Comment

They can make the game a lot harder, but it's still cake if you know what you're doing.
                    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

because sometimes when exiting a tough dungeon, I do like to fight easy monsters for a change. Many of the monsters in the dungeons (I use dungeon as a generic term- this refers to all ruins etc.) are scaled to your level somewhat. Though at a certain points even skeleton chieftans are cakewalks.

And I don't even have the difficulty scale all the way up. I have it about 3/4 of the way up.

Does anyone know what those scales do exactly?

Comment

From the MW readme.

"Added Difficulty slider to Preference menu under Options. The Difficulty slider has 200 different settings that will either increase the amount of damage you deal and receive or reduce the amount of damage you deal or receive, depending on where you set the slider."
                        There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

these sound interesting. how tough do they make them? hopefully not too tough. I don't like struggling in games

Creature pack makes them just right. At lower levels, they are as default. However, the problem was that at level 20 no monster could challenge you, and that's what's fixed. At level 20 then, the easy monsters like Guars will still be easy, but with more HP nonetheless. Tougher ones, like the Daedra, will be tough enough. It's just right .
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                          X