Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morrowind Questions

I'm playing Morrowind, and I'm trying to get into it. My main question is :

1) How do governing attributes work? How do they factor into the skills they govern? How does "agility" factor into sneak, is it computed into the skill (bonuses like the d20 system) or does it make it easier to increase skill in the skills it governs?

2) I'm playing XBOX Game of the Year, will I miss out on any content that would otherwise be included in the PC version?
    "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

2) I'm playing XBOX Game of the Year, will I miss out on any content that would otherwise be included in the PC version?

Not at once, but you're missing many excellent plugins.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Re: Morrowind Questions

Originally posted by Pythagoras
      I'm playing Morrowind, and I'm trying to get into it. My main question is :

1) How do governing attributes work? How do they factor into the skills they govern? How does "agility" factor into sneak, is it computed into the skill (bonuses like the d20 system) or does it make it easier to increase skill in the skills it governs?
      I believe governing attributes affect your other skills in several ways. One, you cannot train a skill about it's governing attribute. Two, a higher agility should, IIRC, increase your sneak ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver

Not at once, but you're missing many excellent plugins.
        but by that time you might be sick of the game anyway!

There's enough in Morrowind Game of the Year, to keep most people happy

Comment

...er, IMHO that is!

Comment

there is probably little chance you'll play out morrowind:goty before oblivion ships if you just started. in other words you probably don't need to get the pc version. the mods are good but by the time you'll want to play them tes 4 should be here or coming out soon.
            Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Well, it's not like you want mods after you complete the game. At least I had some installed before completing, and yes, they increase the replay value tenfold. Morrowind is really one of those games that you can play, forget about, and then get back to after several months.

Oblivion isn't going to ship for another year at least, so we're not looking at anything so soon here. One can complete GOTY main quests, and do plenty of other stuff in that time.

Comment

GOTY gives you both expansion packs right? You should be fine.

Solver:
                Any particular Mods you would recommend? Especially ones that keep the game challenging later on.
                Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Any particular Mods you would recommend? Especially ones that keep the game challenging later on.

I hear the realistic combat, or something like that, mod makes the fighting alot more fun.

I have Morrowind GOTY, but my comp can't handle it. (coulda sworn I had a 32 mb video card)
                  I changed my signature

Comment

Originally posted by Gamecube64

I have Morrowind GOTY, but my comp can't handle it. (coulda sworn I had a 32 mb video card)
                    If you do, then that's the problem.

Comment

Solver:

CreaturePack by Horatio and GIANTS are nice, first makes monsters tougher as you level up, second adds some new ones. Nerevarine Castle is a mod I love because it's simply spectacular in every aspect.

Besides these, there are some dozen other mods that I really, really like...

Comment

I wish I could patch my copy of Morrowind.

Comment

CreaturePack by Horatio

Thanks! That's the one I was looking for. I may add the other ones later. I liked the look of 50 extra undead creatures in one of the Mods as well, forget what it's called.
                          Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Anybody know anything about my first question, that is:

How do governing attributes work? How do they factor into the skills they govern? How does "agility" factor into sneak, is it computed into the skill (bonuses like the d20 system) or does it make it easier to increase skill in the skills it governs?
                            I cannot parse this sentence
                            One, you cannot train a skill about it's governing attribute.
                            Should about be "above"?
                            "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Yes about=above.

The attribute score govern how easily a skill is raised, doesn's affect how well you do a certain skill.

The skill used governs how much an attribute can be raised when gaining a level.

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                              X