No announcement yet.

Rome: Total War is Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• onboard sound card? then download latest motherboard drivers...
    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

• The armies stop moving when you move your camera around i think, or at least when you're running at 3x speed to get to somewhere.

Comment

• onboard sound card? then download latest motherboard drivers...
        Good idea

I will try that when I get home today. Thanks

The armies stop moving when you move your camera around i think, or at least when you're running at 3x speed to get to somewhere.
        ahhhh.... That would make sense
        Monkey!!!

Comment

• I downloaded and installed the new driver... it's still a problem, I';ll keep working at it.

Still, the sound is only a problem in a few places, for the most part it's fine and doesn't interfere in the game

I think I need more practice, I am not comfortable with the interface yet.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

• Yeah Japher, I too have to get used to the interface...gotta remember to not attack with all units in a melee attack..but formulate a better battleplan

Gramps
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• I've found that some of the units have a tendancy to chase after cav. So you can just use cav to run them around the battle field tiring them out and either use your archers to massacre them or run other groups of cav around their flanks and then precede to massacre. Either way you get a massacre. I wouldn't expect this to work on human opponents though, and maybe not on a computer opponent sent anything higher than medium.

My battle plan is to use my melee units to screen the archers and then flank them with cav and keep some cav in reserve so they are fresh when the enemy starts routing so I can chase down and kill every last one of them.

Has anyone found any negatives to exterminating the population of a recently captured city outta curiousity? Besides the slight twinge of guilt at murdering all those innocent civilians?

Comment

• No Slaves, No Production?
                Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

• I always find that even if you take slaves it still leaves too much population in there that the revolt. I like to "remove" that problem. Not too mention the loot you recieve when you exterminate a populace.

Feeling low on cash? Just go 'liberate' a city and kill 2/3's of the populace.

Comment

• Draft them as Peon's and transport them by Hand to your Top Cities then :=)

I'd rather rely on Ports for Cash but when in Rome...
                    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

• The situation has changed, Carthago is secured, the gauls have been defeated in every battle, only 2 towns remain in their power and during the campaign almost all their family members have been killed by someone except for their faction leader whom I killed personally when the Gaul Capital fell.
                      For some unknown reasons the Thracians and the Numidians decided to declare war but I have contained their attacks and pushed them back

There was one particular moment when I thought "Ok, I´m dead" When the Numidians declared war they took me by surprise besieging Carthago, the largest city in my faction, and then attaking it with all the siege equipment. Seeing all those toops moving towards me was really scary But, of course, I won. I contained their attacks at the walls, killing them as they climbed up while my archers showered the enemy ram and then the rest of their troops in flame arrows, while their cavalry could do nothing but watch from afar.

On another heroic battle my troops laid siege to a small thracian town, and something strange happened, they tried to break the siege and failed, instead I managed to get inside of the city and slaughter them with my archers (my infantry was almost completely eliminated by their numerous troops) But there was one small problem they still had more troops in reserve than I had and my archers run out of ammo, with a few minutes remaining their were pursuited all around the town by the thracians , I didn´t want to lose my remaining troops so I didn´t counterattack, besides I doubted that my archers would stand a chance in close combat against them.
                      Finally the battle ended and the game declared a Draw... but instead I ended up capturing the town and the thracian army vanished from the world map , weird
                      The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip McWho
                        Has anyone found any negatives to exterminating the population of a recently captured city outta curiousity? Besides the slight twinge of guilt at murdering all those innocent civilians?
                        I was wondering: what creates the rebel armies? Could exterminating a city increase the chance of rebel armies popping up?

In my recent campaign, I conquered Spain and exterminated the population in most of the Spanish settlements that I captured. Eventhough, I eliminated the Spanish faction, I still had a lot of rebel armies floating around.
                        'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                        G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

• Originally posted by The diplomat

I was wondering: what creates the rebel armies? Could exterminating a city increase the chance of rebel armies popping up?

In my recent campaign, I conquered Spain and exterminated the population in most of the Spanish settlements that I captured. Eventhough, I eliminated the Spanish faction, I still had a lot of rebel armies floating around.
                          Maybe they were looking for a new leader?

Comment

• Originally posted by The diplomat

If the faction has remaining armies when you kill the last heir, the remaining armies will become rebels.

I think (anecdotally) that enslaving/exterminating also increases the chance that rebels will appear.
                            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• Originally posted by Stuie

If the faction has remaining armies when you kill the last heir, the remaining armies will become rebels.

I think (anecdotally) that enslaving/exterminating also increases the chance that rebels will appear.
                              This is so cool..as in real life

Thanks for the feedback..which is why I love Apolyton, feedback and sharing information

Comment

• Ok, I'm having trouble keeping my core cities making money, in fact I'm having trouble keeping them making anything more than -2000. Its seems to be impossible. Is there anything that can be done about this? Nothing seems to work.

Also thats good to hear that the left over armies don't just disappear, they actually continue as rebels.

Comment

Working...
                                X