No announcement yet.

Rome: Total War is Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what I need to train spartan hoplites? Playing as Greeks right now and it's a lot of fun. H/H and EVERYONE eventually gangs up on you.

Comment

• Missile cavalry are overpowered right now IMO. Missile cavalry are both too accurate for firing while on the move and are too fast for horse movement while attempting to fire (or otherwise, in fact). It's possible to use archer cavalry to outrun most melee cavalry and taking occasional shots at them while still running and not being caught. That really shouldn't be feasible if the chasing cavalry continue to bear down on them.
      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

• It's in the graphics options, under the options menu you access from the main menu.
        Thank you good sir. Doesn't it just make you drool seeing armies that are as huge as possible run into each other. Cav charges rock.

Comment

• I wonder wheter City Sizes change accordingly to Unit sizes?
          Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

• No, they do not, which I find most bewildering. My cities are relatively small when playing on Huge scale. But then it does help a lot with public order.
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Just to keep up with the news, there's a patch to fix the multiplayer bugs.
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Whats multiplayer like by the way?

Comment

• I havent tried it. Based on the comments so far and the fact that they had to put out this patch, almost unplayable. We should get more comments now though.
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                  If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                  Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• got it.

was up all night with it, damn, its going to be tough going into work tomorrow (or what passes for work on Columbus Day where I am)

Comment

• How do I unlock the Imperial Campaign?
                      My game keeps crashing at random times during the prologue and I can´t finnish it Even worse Saving the game appears to be disabled for some reason! Help!
                      The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

• Unfortunatly you cant save within the Tutorial.

You have to play the Tutorial/prologue to activate the greyed out Imperial C.
                        But I think it is not necessary to actually finish the Prologue to
                        unlock the Imperial Campaign.
                        Jsut start the Prologue and immediatly end it again, this should be sufficent.

At least I cant remember playing it through ;=)
                        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

• Ok, I´ll try that. Thank you
                          The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

• Yeah Main_Brain is right. You shouldn't need to play the whole tutorial through.

So a couple of weeks in, what are peoples thoughts on it now? Still keeping you enthralled?

Comment

• Yep, I'm wrapping up my Imperial Campaign, still need ten more regions. I haven't even tried out any of the foreign nations I've unlocked so far, and I've had a go at only two Historical Battles. Should be a lot of life in it left.
                              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• same love it
                                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                                X