Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines RPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines RPG

I'm suprised nobody mentioned this game yet. Here are gameplay clips of Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. It's a game based on White wolf's Vampire RPG. Troika is developing it, so you know it's not gonna be RPG-lite. And they're using the Half-Life 2 engine too! Good news: the game is 100% elf-free. BTW, it's coming real soon.

Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Wasn't there a Masquerade game already?
    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Hmmm is there a script of those streams somewhere?
      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Yes, but it wasn't a RPG irc. It was more of a FPS. This one is an RPG, but with the Half-Life 2 engine. If you check out the demo movies, you'll see that they have sticked pretty closely with the pen and paper rpg.
        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

You can't see them? I tried with Firefox and it didn't work. So I tried again with Internet Explorer. Bingo! You can also download them, but they're pretty big.

Comment

Is there a way of contacting developers?
            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
              You can't see them? I tried with Firefox and it didn't work. So I tried again with Internet Explorer. Bingo! You can also download them, but they're pretty big.
              It's more of not hearing them. I haven't tried viewing those but in my experience streams rarely are subtitled. It's a safe assumpation those are not either.
              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by Barinthus

It's more of not hearing them. I haven't tried viewing those but in my experience streams rarely are subtitled. It's a safe assumpation those are not either.
                Worked fine for me. Anyway, here's a preview that describes what's happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Barinthus
                  Is there a way of contacting developers?
                  I dunno. Check at Troika's website.

Comment

Another preview... http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/vampire-the.../499327p1.html

Comment

it's actually a fps/rpg cross. You can still kick in doors and slaughter a few bad guys if you are playing a very strong character just like you would do in any FPS; it's just that there are many diff posibilities to solve the quest, of which direct violence is not always the best or most smart thing to do
                      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Trajanus
                        it's actually a fps/rpg cross. You can still kick in doors and slaughter a few bad guys if you are playing a very strong character just like you would do in any FPS; it's just that there are many diff posibilities to solve the quest, of which direct violence is not always the best or most smart thing to do
                        And violence is never a solution in Baldur's Gate? You played a pacifist or what? It's no less a RPG than Baldur's Gate, Fallout or Planescape: Torment. The only difference with these games is the first person view and the real-time combat. The combat in Vampire is not pure FPS (like it was in Morrowind):

The final aspect of the game that was demonstrated was combat, and this is definitely the area that was of greatest concern to the RPG fanatics. (...) While combat is real time and is handled from a first-person perspective, the game introduces a variety of graphic effects, handicaps and enhancements that make combat as much about your character's attributes as your own reflexes.
                        In one example, he showed his three different characters all using handguns. The Toreador was a handgun neophyte, which meant that her targeting reticle was huge, she shook a lot more when trying to aim, the kickback was fiercer and even when everything was perfectly lined up, she still had a chance to miss. The combat master Brujah, on the other hand, had an extremely small reticule and was far steadier when it came to aiming - almost to the point where combat looked like a scene out of Half-life 2. Of course, handguns aren't the only weapons in a vampire's arsenal. Blood magic can increase your speed to the point where the world slows down into "bullet-time" mode. Magic spells or conversational gambits can allow the player to hide in the shadows while a mind-controlled human does the dirty work (and probably gets killed in the process).

Comment

And violence is never a solution in Baldur's Gate? You played a pacifist or what? It's no less a RPG than Baldur's Gate, Fallout or Planescape: Torment. The only difference with these games is the first person view and the real-time combat. The combat in Vampire is not pure FPS (like it was in Morrowind)
                          Yeah I meant that. first person view, but with some stats and special abilities according to the type of creature you pick. But it doesn't look entirely RPG, because in real RPG's you can't hit a high level creature if you are low level. I can't imagine not being able to pump a zombie full o' lead with a double barrel shotgun even if I'm a 1st level wuss..

see what I mean?
                          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

In RPGs weak characters can hurt strong characters. Just not very much.
                            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Trajanus

Yeah I meant that. first person view, but with some stats and special abilities according to the type of creature you pick.
                              It's not just a FPS with some stats and special abilities: it's a full blown RPG, like Baldur's Gate or Fallout. And it seems they're going a bit further with dialogues than other crpgs's.

But it doesn't look entirely RPG, because in real RPG's you can't hit a high level creature if you are low level. I can't imagine not being able to pump a zombie full o' lead with a double barrel shotgun even if I'm a 1st level wuss..
                              see what I mean?
                              From the preview:

The Toreador was a handgun neophyte, which meant that her targeting reticle was huge, she shook a lot more when trying to aim, the kickback was fiercer and even when everything was perfectly lined up, she still had a chance to miss.
                              See, your character's gun skill is taken into account. And I'm a pretty sure a 1st level wuss has a bigger chance to miss than a Sam Fisher-like character (the operative in Splinter Cell). Of course, the player's skill is also an important factor. If a player with no hand-eye coordination plays a Sam Fisher-like character, he's probably as good as dead.

Comment

Working...
                              X