No announcement yet.

Name the Game - Part 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks CoT, I will have some time by friday to put it all together for the next thread.

This means we're going to part 9! 4000+ posts, not bad for a bit of retrogaming
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

• Indeed. And whilst it isn't the most prolific postwise I think NTG (now considered a forum game) predates even Mafia.

Comment

• Here's a summary of the 8th "name the game" thread

"Games guessed by..." in the 8th thread

Games guessed in chronological order:

Uniracers BustaMike
        Toobin General Ludd
        Bubble Bobble Duke 'o York
        Kick Off 2 Buck Birdseed
        Commando CapTVK
        Spindizzy DrSpike
        Bombjack Dunk
        *gaming pause* (Child of Tor posts a new game)
        StarQuake Buck Birdseed
        Burger Time CapTVK
        Gabriel Knight (Sierra) DrSpike
        *gaming pause* (Dunk returns and posts his game)
        Tellenguard DrSpike
        Treasure Island dizzy Duke 'o York
        *gaming pause* (ZargonX posts a new game)
        Star Control 2 CapTVK
        *gaming pause* (Standup posts a new game)
        Leander CapTVK
        Martian Dreams ZargonX
        Space Quest 4 CapTVK

Scores in 8th round
        Bustamike 1
        Dunk 1
        Gen Ludd 1
        Duke 'o york 2
        Buck birdseed 2
        DrSpike 3
        CapTVK 5
        Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Comment

• Obviously the overall score is most important. `

Comment

• Hey, I scored 1 point this round, too!

I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
              Obviously the overall score is most important. `
              Now that you mention it, checking the start of the thread my end score comes to 25, not 24.

Comment

• Damn, don't let Cap add them up if he is going to randomly add some to his score.

Comment

• Hmmm, the endscores and the old count don't always add up. Someone should probably recheck the old threads for mixups.

Comment

• Might as well check this in one go. Could someone lend a hand and do a roundup I did for part 8 but for previous threads (pt. 1-7)?

If you post the results in this thread I'll update the main one in part 9 afterwards.

Comment

• In terms of list/score mismatch I think the scores are more accurate.

Comment

Working...
                      X