No announcement yet.

Is Sims 2 Biased?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just because you and many others feel that a game is not fun does not necesarily mean that viewpoint is shared by everyone. On occasion, playing the Sims is fun for me. From sales figures of the Sims I know many feel the same way.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
      Just because you and many others feel that a game is not fun does not necesarily mean that viewpoint is shared by everyone.
      Uh, I think I made it blatantly clear even to a skimsier that you should play whatever is fun to you.

As for sales.........there's a lot of those Sunday Gamers.

Comment

And what's more, I get the impression you defend the Sims just to have fun arguments with me.

Tell us (and that goes for ADG too please), what amount (roughly) of fun gameplay hours have you got from the Sims. How does it compare to games with more substance that you also like to play, either casually or more competitively?

Does the Sims really have 'enough' substance and longevity.....can you really sit there and argue that? Or are you forced to agree on reviewing the figures you provide that the Sims is a casual game for casual gamers, and does not measure up when compared to real games, even when they are being played casually?

Comment

Actually, it appears more that you are belittling those who have an alternate point of view to you and assigning incorrect motives to their actions.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Actually, it appears more that you are belittling those who have an alternate point of view to you and assigning incorrect motives to their actions.
            Would I really do that?

Comment

I tend to install the Sims every 6 months to a year, play it often for about a week and then leave it be for another long period. Quite similar to how I play most games I have, come to think of it.

I have had a game go over 100 sim-days before.

Granted, I get bored of the Sims quite quickly and I never said the game had substance. It does what it does well though, being a fun passtime for when I am in the mood for that type of entertainment.

Comment

Same here... most games I play, I get tired of really fast... Most games I only play for a few weeks, then I forget about it... Only few games I can actually return to later, and The Sims is one of them...

Ok, I haven't played it for about a year, but that's because about 6 months ago I started hearing about Sims 2, that is was 'close' to release... the other reason I didn't install The Sims was because it takes hell of a long time to install all those X-packs
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I tend to install the Sims every 6 months to a year, play it often for about a week and then leave it be for another long period. Quite similar to how I play most games I have, come to think of it.

I have had a game go over 100 sim-days before.

Granted, I get bored of the Sims quite quickly and I never said the game had substance. It does what it does well though, being a fun passtime for when I am in the mood for that type of entertainment.
                  Interesting, guys.

SKanky seems to agree the game lacks substance. It sure doesn't sound like he holds it in as high regard as lots of other games we know he likes.

And, despite my semi-trolling rhetoric, that's really the point here. Can the Sims be fun? Sure, for some people evidently so. Does it really have enough gameplay though? For many of us gaming time is annoyingly finite, and I for one pick and choose games painstakingly. I don't want to 'pass time' - I don't have enough of it to start with!

If the answer to the above question about gameplay is yes though, then knock yourself out. The house wont clean itself.

Comment

Acutally, if you hire a maid it will.

Comment

Excellent. Paint the kitchen, then watch closely to make sure it dries well.

Comment

Or I could just watch some cricket...

I'm playing Vice City now, doing the rampages.

Comment

I wouldn't mind watching paint dry... as long as it's body paint on some good looking girl/woman
                          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

For many of us gaming time is annoyingly finite, and I for one pick and choose games painstakingly. I don't want to 'pass time' - I don't have enough of it to start with!
                            That's sometimes the reason i play a game like SIm City though. Time is limited and i'm too impatient, lazy, stupid to spend ages learning a new game. I've had the Uncommon Valour rulebook beside the PC for ages but just haven't got round to playing it because i don't have the time to make the commitment at the moment.

Still don't think i'll buy Sims 2 though unless there;s a lot more to do than in the original.

Comment

DrSpike, I'm gonna stop you in your tracks mate

You say that Sims is not challenging? I'm curious, have you played Sims properly?

I play all sorts of games, you name it, I have probably played it to death. It's the funniest thing though... about half way playing through any of these other games, I have probably mastered it. But the Sims... well.. I'll admit, I have never been able to reach the highest job. The game gets a bit too challenging. Especially since I didn't want the hassle of inviting people over just to keep my social life up, it was annoying to do that (my personality).

Sims can be very challenging. Unlike other games, it also makes that challenge interesting and unique opposed to practically 99% of other games where your aim is to kill everything and everyone.
                              be free

Comment

sims is not challenging in any meaningful way.

by meaning, yes, I mean killing things . JK. There are other objectives in games.

Sims is alright. I played it for a few days. Definately not worth the $50 I payed for it though.

Comment

Working...
                                X