No announcement yet.

FG: Nascar VI Race: "Hot Wheels"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question about ramps - if your speed would allow you to jump over, but because of the way the turn are set up you spend some time in the air, do you crash or make it over?

Comment

I do not understand the question. You are over if you are over. If you crash into a wall, ditto.
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Let's say it's like this:

Code:
        1>   >*
        And 1 has a speed of four. Now, if 1 were in the right spot, 1 would get over in a single turn. However, do to the way the turns are split up, 1 will be in the air for a turn (but with his speed, he shouldn't have fallen onto the ground). What happens to 1?

Comment

That is the idea with the ramps. If you don't make it in one turn, you will crash. You are placed at the end of the jump on the ramp for next turn with a speed reduction yet to be determined.
          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Turn 3: "GC is Lysdexic"

Again GC tries to give R's instead of L's, hopefully I won't get L's on the next turn instead of R's, but he does execute the first slipstream of the game...and no crashes this turn....good driving all.

This being Friday, weekend rules are in effect, with the Monday holiday, no orders due until Tues. If everyone has them in before then, I'll process.

Code:
             ******       ****> >****
               ****      61***>  >****
                 ***    5*3         ***            *****
                   ***4**           ***          ***   ***
                    *2**           ***           **    ***
                                  *****          VV    ***
                                  *************>    >******     
                *****            **************>    >*******>    >********     
               *******          ***************> VV >*******>    >*********    
            Code:
            NASCAR

Car Number Player Name Speed Wild cards Direction Orders
            1 Rah 6 10 E A(A+1)MMLMMR
            2 gjramsey 4 12 E MMML
            3 Gamecube64 6 11 NE ASMLMM(L+1)M
            4 Jonny 5 12 E A(m3)L(m1)
            5 Duke of York 5 11 NE MLM(L+1)M
            6 Sparrowhawk 4 11 NE AL(L+1)MM

Comment

A(m7) FLY and Pray
              7,10,E
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Sent!
                (Hoping that Rah is praying to the wrong Sun God )
                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Nice to see our newest racer getting into the proper spirit. And actually I'm praying not to hit GQ. It would really hurt both our chances.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I will just stay behind puttering along for a couple more turns!

snet

Comment

Rah, please pm your orders, you may only post them if you are the last one. Trying to figure out what the other guy is going to do is half the fun here, you are breaking that somewhat, or I let everybody post here and we get no crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
                        That is the idea with the ramps. If you don't make it in one turn, you will crash. You are placed at the end of the jump on the ramp for next turn with a speed reduction yet to be determined.
                        But why would you crash, if you were in the air? You would make it in one turn, if the turns were at the right time. If you're going speed four, enough to get over the ramp, why should you get over it only some of the time?

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
                          Rah, please pm your orders, you may only post them if you are the last one. Trying to figure out what the other guy is going to do is half the fun here, you are breaking that somewhat, or I let everybody post here and we get no crashes.
                          Will do. I was having problems with my PMs the last couple of days and everything wasn't getting through.
                          I've cleaned out a lot of old stuff and had a few changes made. It should be working now.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

But why would you crash, if you were in the air? You would make it in one turn, if the turns were at the right time. If you're going speed four, enough to get over the ramp, why should you get over it only some of the time?
                            Kuci,

That again is the idea with the ramps, it is the timing and speed that are important. They are not rl ramps, they are a game piece, that is close to a ramp in rl.

If you don't crash "in the air" then the ramps and jumps are nothing more than pretty pictures and are no different from the rest of the track.

Rah, thanks for understanding on that one. I know that it can be frustrating when someone keeps hitting you, but that is part of this baby.

Comment

Yar, sent, yar.
                              I changed my signature

Comment

Sent!

Comment

Working...
                                X