No announcement yet.

FG: Galactic Overlord IV: Sign up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spies costing BPs would not have changed the situation in the last game. Would cost be scaled with empire size?
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Perhaps we should just use an additional rule that when we are down to 2 players, they both just supply OOBs and shipping for that turn then both fight to the death.

I don't think spies or shields should cost BPs. There is already a limitting factor on their production.

In btw.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
        Oh and I say no fleet loans, but alliance attacks are still okay.
        Originally posted by Skanky Burns
        Perhaps we should just use an additional rule that when we are down to 2 players, they both just supply OOBs and shipping for that turn then both fight to the death.
        Yes to both of these, too.
        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Yes.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

In, btw.

As for the OOB rules - I'd be happy to go back to the old system, although I did like the mid-combat adjustments; the only problem was the restrictions on how you could arrange your OOB. However, it does require a lot of extra calculations for the GM, so I'd understand if Spaced or whoever is GMing this time wanted to dispense with it.

Comment

That's the worst solution proposed. If someone has the ability and desire to wait a few turns before fighting then they should be able to.

Even just banning training and use on the same turn is better.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

That's the worst solution proposed. If someone has the ability and desire to wait a few turns before fighting then they should be able to.

Even just banning training and use on the same turn is better.
                  I agree with this. Say you have 3 players left. P1 attacks P2 while P3 remains idle. P1 wins, but is left with half his fleet. He now has more BP than P3, but less ships. Smartly, he had a couple of spies or shields stored such that he can recover while he uses his BP to build a killer fleet.

The proposed solution does not reward agressive play.
                  We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

The lowest-impact solution would be to ban training and using spies on the same turn when there are only 2 players in the game. Or, have spies sent at each other cancel each others' orders. Now that I think about it, this is exactly what happened in the first game.

Comment

Well that's besides the point. If you have 1 spy and I have 2, and we both send them to sabotage whilst building a spy each, we end the turn with no spies for you (both builds was sabotaged) and 1 for me. Then I can ensure you never build one, and attack you when ready.

If the group decides this is a problem, then it also makes sense not to limit the change to when 2 players are left. GT and I used a form of the spy trick last game in beating Geo.

Comment

When there are 2 people sending spies against 1 though, it's not a trick, it's a strategy. It is only when there are only 2 players left in the game that it can go into an infinite loop like the one I got Joncha in.

Comment

The solution is to make use spy only an option if you attack or shield, that is, you cannot train and use a spy on the same turn.
                          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Yes. That is by far the more elegant solution.
                            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Indeed so, and gets my vote.

Comment

Well, it used to be a rule in the first two games.

You could only train a spy if you didn't use one that turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X