Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Disease II: Plague Done Right

Moderated just like Tassadar's game, with a few minor adjustments:

-Orders will be taken every 48 hours. If they aren't in by the deadline, you're LATE and will be skipped for that turn. No exceptions will be given unless you give a very good reason BEFORE the end of the turn period.

-This game around, the Disease is slightly modified:
    * The Disease originated from an unknown source, but the first case reported was in Beijing.
    * The Disease stays dormant for about one week before symptoms appear. While it is dormant, it still infects itself to other people.
    * The Disease has symptoms that could easily be confused for the flu. There are distinguishing factors, but they won't be revealed in-game until science is applied to discover them.
    * The Disease may spread through livestock.
    * The Disease is fatal to its victim within 1-3 weeks after symptoms appear.
    * There is an untreated survival rate of about 1%. Those that have survived the Disease are permanently weakened for life but can not be infected again.

COUNTRY RATINGS
    Example:

NAME
    _______ people
    World Relations 1-100
    Economy 1-100
    Imports 1-100
    Exports 1-100
    Military 1-100

-All countries are available for play EXCEPT China and North Korea. These will be used for storyline purposes.

-1 game turn = 2 reallife days = 2 weeks.

-The goal of the game is to survive with a significant portion of your country's infrastructure and populace until the Disease is cured or everyone is dead or there's been an evacuation of the planet.

-Begin!
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

will have map up in a moment

NEWSFLASH

A man described as "strange looking" attempted earlier this week to gain entry into a Communist Party function in Beijing, Chinese officials report. His erratic behavior led security to detain him, and on him there was a small bomb found. He has been arrested and is in jail awaiting trial.

North Korea has moved all its non-Korean-border artillery to the border with China. No explanation has been offered.

Comment

The map

White countries are not infected.

Yellow = infection reported
      Green = More than 50 infections reported
      Light Blue = hundreds of cases
      Blue = Widespread reports
      Red = Epidemic
      Dark Red = Plague
      Black = nation quarantined and/or zero survivors.
      Attached Files

Comment

Damnit I wanted North Korea again

Belize is my choice then.

Comment

I can play, but I'll be a bit inactive for the next week, so I should probably be China.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I'd like to command the proud nation of Lesotho.
            I changed my signature

Comment

Saudi Arabia?

Yes, that's my final answer.

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Burkina Faso
                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Syria.
                  Visit First Cultural Industries
                  There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                  Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

GBR

Comment

I will be Cuba
                      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I will be Ireland.

First orders: Everyone gets drunk.
                        oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Finland.
                          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Nations

Whoha Belize
                            Gamecube64 Lesotho
                            Comrade Tassadar Russia
                            FlameFlash Saudi Arabia
                            johncha Burkina Faso
                            Smiley Syria
                            Frozzy Great Britain
                            Osweld Cuba
                            Vlad Ireland
                            Kassiopeia Finland

DaShi - China and NK will not be available at all for the duration of the game. Any other nation, including all other eastern nations, are available for play though. But I'm going to have to look up Burkina Faso. I think joncha is making up words

I notice how people are reluctant to play major powers. Funny. The Disease doesn't discriminate based on nationality.

That ends the sign-up period. YOU MAY STILL SIGN UP FOR THE GAME., but until a nation is claimed, it will be ignored or directed by the moderator (me) when necessary.

Thusly we are brought to Turn 1, Week 1 of year 2005. (No significant international change has happened between August 2004 and January 2005, just in case you're wondering. The date leap is for my laziness.)

Orders will be due at or before 1800CST (GMT - 5) / 2300GMT on August 26. If all orders are in before then, I will give results as soon as I can. Please post orders in this thread or e-mail them to mrmitchell_ar@yahoo.com, with the subject clearly marked "DISEASE ORDERS" or somesuch.

---

Week 1, 2005

Forum Game Times
                            China reports that in late September 2004, there was an unusual spike in flu-related deaths at the Beijing Medical Center.

Soldiers in Iraq recaptured a neighborhood of Baghdad today, but losses were heavy on both sides of the firefight, plus several civilians downed.

The European Union welcomes a new member today: Turkey! Just kidding.

North Korea has directed its propoganda machine towards China in recent weeks. Analysts are slightly concerned over such a shift, but China has responded by aiding refugees that flee the border.

The chaos in Sudan has intensified, and peace talks were abandoned by both sides last Monday. The violence has spilled over into border nations' territories, and Ethiopia, Egypt, and Chad have mobilized their national armies to push back the growing anarchy of the conflict.

Comment

Orders:

Subsidize influenza vaccines. And cold beer.
                              oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Working...
                              X