Baldar's Gate: Dark Alliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baldar's Gate: Dark Alliance

I just got done trying out Baldar's Gate: Dark Alliance. I started up the game thinking "Finally I get to try out this game everyone says so much about". After about five minutes of actual play all I could think is "wow, what a dumb ****ing game".

So what is it that appeals to you guys in that game? Its nothing, all you do is run through a dungeon killing things to get money to buy better weapons and armor so you can go back into the dungeon to kill bigger things so you cangetmoremoneysoyoucanbuyabiggerswordtokillevenbi ggerthingssoyoucangetmoremoneyto.... you get my point.

Dark Alliance sucks. You should be playing Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 along with their expansions.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

BG: DA is universally known as one of the worst games ever made on any platform, and a HUGE blemish on the BG name. Main reason Interplay went bust.

AVOID THIS CRAP LIKE THE PLAGUE.

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Oh no you've set Jamski off!

Comment

Just you wait until "World of Warcraft: Dodgy Spinoff" comes out Spikey!

Comment

World of Warcraft : Tactics is already under development by this Hungarian company under licence.

Its a sad, sad, sad, sad world.

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

So what is it that appeals to you guys in that game? Its nothing, all you do is run through a dungeon killing things to get money to buy better weapons and armor so you can go back into the dungeon to kill bigger things so you cangetmoremoneysoyoucanbuyabiggerswordtokillevenbi
              ggerthingssoyoucangetmoremoneyto.... you get my point.

Well it is the formula that made Diablo a big seller. Ask Diablo fans.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                World of Warcraft : Tactics is already under development by this Hungarian company under licence.

Its a sad, sad, sad, sad world.

-Jam
                I was thinking something along the lines of World of Carcraft: World of Warcraft Racing!

Comment

I remember BG: DA multiplayer on my friends PS2. Thats where all the fun was.
                  Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

i liked it. It never pretended to be an rpg on the scale of BG.

It's a fun hack and slash, don't look any deeper than that and you wont get upset.

I wouldn't think it would be bad if they did the same to warcraft.

Just as it isn't wrong to try to turn warcraft into an RPG.

If you don't see anything wrong with diablo, then I don't think you can see anything wrong with dark alliance...other than to get upset because the name BG is attached to it and that somehow taints the reputation of BG...which i dont buy either.
                    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Diablo2 was cool . sometimes mindless hack and slash is fun.

But everyone is so obsessed with getting the best equipment and levelling up. No one plays just to have fun it seems. I have never had an uber character. But I enjoyed it.

Comment

BGA is good so long as you only look for a simple hack and slash in it. It's fun to play two-player, but folks would need friends to do that. DA 2 is out now also, and it's supposed to have a lot more to do and more classes. General improvements found in any sequel.
                        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

What are you talking about? Dark Alliance is fun because of two-player almost strictly. You get to hack & slash with a friend through hordes of enemies of terror! It's hardly a bad game, unless you want to say all Diablo-clones are bad. And they barely advertised the "Baldur's Gate name" to tarnish, Jamski- I always called it plain ol' Dark Alliance at least.

If you ever play Champions of Norrath, it's flagrantly clear that the same development studio made that as Dark Alliance. (Weirdly enough, Dark Alliance II was done by different people.)
                          All syllogisms have three parts.
                          Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

What is wrong with World of Warcraft?
                            be free

Comment

nothing yet. It hasn't came out yet. It's hard to figure out what is wrong with it before it comes out

Comment

Working...
                              X