No announcement yet.

FG: Galactic Overlord II Game Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is no stockpile planetbusters option here Geo.

Comment

• It's time to Murray somebody.
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Round 20

Once again balance was lost in GeneralTacticus' fleet, as an allied assault was made on GeoModder. A shielded GeoModder.

*splat*

GeoModder's stock of shields are dwindling though, and the Allies seem to insist on preventing him from building more. This game can't last much longer.

Code:
        Galactic Overlord

Player Name Bases BPs TotalShips Frigates(1) Cruisers(2) Battleships(3) Dreadnaughts(4) Titans(5)
        Las Fig Torp Las Fig Torp Las Fig Torp Las Fig Torp Las Fig Torp
        Dr Spike 6(19) 71 164 - - - - - - 1 2 2 2 - 1 52 52 52
        GeneralTacticus 7(17) 70 180 1 7 7 1 1 1 5 5 5 2 2 2 47 47 47
        Geomodder 10(13) 77 160 - 1 - 2 - 1 1 1 2 2 1 2 49 49 49
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• yawn

Comment

• Bring on GO3 already.
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Well, maybe if Geo hadn't stockpiled so many shields, this could have been over more quickly... never fear, though, we'll dig him out eventually, and he'll really wish he hadn't hidden so long.

Comment

• Allied production: 137 / turn
                Geo production: 76 / turn

Even with a blocked attack, delaying means each turn the allies get 55 more units of shipping with which to attack Geo.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• However, each turn his edge against each of the individual allies increases. Still, he'll probably be kept at home by spies, in which case he might as well let them bring it on now and hope for a good OoB.
                  Visit First Cultural Industries
                  There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                  Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Its probably safe to assume that Spikie and GT will continue to prevent Geo from actually doing anything by using a spy each turn as they have been.

Comment

• However, each turn his edge against each of the individual allies increases. Still, he'll probably be kept at home by spies, in which case he might as well let them bring it on now and hope for a good OoB
                      OTOH, when he turtles he can't come out either. He risks lunging at the empty bases of Alliance Member #1 while #1 and #2 have their fleets take over Geo's bases. That'd be a most intriguing result, it'd become a match-up between #2 and Geo since #1 would be left with only eight conquered bases. Then again, base numbers are becoming irrelevant rather quickly, since the fleets have been built up over the entire game. A turn or two won't change the tide enough.

Edit: Of course the relentless espionage efforts from the Alliance will make attacking an impossiibility for Geo.
                      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Got them!!
                        For now...

Why do I feel like in ACDG II again...
                        He who knows others is wise.
                        He who knows himself is enlightened.
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• When it eventually happens, this will be one big-ass battle.

Comment

• You got that right. It might even take several turns to finish.

Comment

• * duke's spies try to shut down spy institutes across the galaxy in order to make things more interesting.

Skanky could refuse to accept orders unless something interesting would happen!

Comment

• I'd have to be receiving some orders before I could go about refusing them.

*hint hint Geo and GT*

Comment

Working...
                                X