No announcement yet.

Name the Game - Part 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There was a game based on british politcs(number ten as its called) - its all hazy as its not my prefered choice of game either, but you were like a public servant working for the PrimeMinister, i think it may have been inspired by the tv series 'Yes PrimeMinister' from the late 70's(?).
    On the other hand it could all have been a horrible nightmare i had 15 years ago brought about by the falklands war/and pictures from vietnam, maybe alcohol too!.......not really sure?
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
      Balance of Power?

No, this one wasn't made by Chris..
      Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

• I hate to say this, but it is time for another verse Rhymey-rhymerton.
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• House of Cards

Comment

• 'Floor 13'? - i think you worked for the prime minister in this, although it was more secret service based, rather than purely political?
            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Comment

• Very good CoT, it is indeed Floor 13!

I already hinted at in the earlier. My next verse would have been about the sort of instruments I could use like kidnapping, inflitration, smear campaign, breakin, torture anything is allowed as long the polls stay high enough and you don't draw too mcuh attention to yourself.

Otherwise it would be flying lesson for you. From the 13th floor....
              Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Comment

• Originally posted by child of Thor
                'Floor 13'? - i think you worked for the prime minister in this, although it was more secret service based, rather than purely political?

Isn't that politics as well?

Comment

• Okay, I feel better, I never heard of this one. Good one CoT, what is next.
                  We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Congratulations Child of Thor!
                    For working out it was on the 13th Floor,
                    After all the rhyming my head is sore,
                    So for the next game I don't want more.

Comment

• Originally posted by CapTVK
                      My next verse would have been about the sort of instruments I could use like kidnapping, inflitration, smear campaign, breakin, torture anything is allowed as long the polls stay high enough and you don't draw too mcuh attention to yourself.
                      sounds so much like real life..........scumbags that they are

0k i'll need a few moments to come up with a new one(and get Yes Prime Minister out me head).

Comment

• ok timewarp back to the 80's

Margret Thatcher ruled my country with an iron fist and fashion was like a nightmare episode of buck rogers.

This game was a budget title that appeared on the home computer 8bits of the day(C64/spectrum/Atari etc).
                        It might have made it to pc but not sure.

Clue1:

the music/sound effects stood out - creepy and weird which fit perfectly with the game setting.

If you've seen the film 'Forbidden Planet'(a 60's/70's sci-fi classic) the sound had the same effect as in that film

Comment

• Thrust ?

Comment

• nope.

Clue2:

because the graphics used the highest resolution of the platform, they were in monochrome - which also added to the alienesque atmosphere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
                              Okay, I feel better, I never heard of this one. Good one CoT, what is next.
                              Me too. Must have missed that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by child of Thor
                                nope.

Clue2:

because the graphics used the highest resolution of the platform, they were in monochrome - which also added to the alienesque atmosphere.
                                Alien8?

Comment

Working...
                                X