No announcement yet.

Name the Game - Part 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I finally had to look up the name, so this doesn't really count, but since no one else seems even remotely close to getting it Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals. Reminds me I have to go back and actually beat that someday...
    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

• Duh, I remember that one now....NOT!
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Never heard of it.

Comment

• Gosh darn it. I almost never look at this thread thanks to the fact it's generally obscure Amiga titles I missed because I was too young (and sticking to the good stuff, i.e. Civilization, Railroad Tycoon, etc.), and I come in the day somebody else Googles one that I could figure out.

Lufia II was a pretty good game for the puzzles in the dungeons, which were wonderfully designed. The plot as a whole didn't entirely suck, it was just the things that strung you along from town-dungeon-town-dungeon and insuring that you couldn't go to the next town. It was fast and fun.

Lufia I, which I downloaded on a lark afterwards to see what it was like, is to be avoided at all costs, though.
          Last edited by SnowFire; August 11, 2004, 17:46.
          All syllogisms have three parts.
          Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

• Ok, ZargonX... give us something that the PC crowd (Atari, Commodore, etc.) from the 1980s can actually get.
            Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
            Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
            7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

• Oh, and long time no see, SnowFire.

Comment

• Yup, it's Lufia II. Great puzzling fun.
                Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

• Choose another game then Buck. But please make it one that we don't have to Google this time. Infact, if you could make it one that Dr Spikey has to Google, but no-one else does then that would be better.

Comment

• Oh, I thought ZargonX was going to do it. I've had four hours of sleep (rough night – work early) so I'm not sure I'm up to it creativity-wise today. Tell you what, I'll see if I can think of something but if Zargon (or SnowFire) wants to get in there first, let them be my guest.

Comment

• Okay, thought of one. Unfortunately I think Spikey might know it, but you can't have everything.

Clue #1: I consider the game one of the best three dimensional implementations of its previously always-2D genre. Rather surprisingly, it's also one of the first ones.

Comment

• Super Mario 64
                        I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

• I actually have one appropriate for this crowd if nobody gets Bucks's 2nd attempt.

Hmm.... not going to be something like Wolfenstein 3D, that hasn't aged well... er... Populous? (It's sorta 3D...)
                          All syllogisms have three parts.
                          Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

• Syndicate Wars
                            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
                              Choose another game then Buck. But please make it one that we don't have to Google this time. Infact, if you could make it one that Dr Spikey has to Google, but no-one else does then that would be better.
                              Have to be another console game then.

Comment

• Gah, I hate console games. I never know any of them.

For my guess:

Dungeon Master (the original 3D dungeon adventure game...for Atari ST and Amiga)

Interestingly, as a puzzle and combat game, it's STILL one of the best dungeon adventure games out there. I haven't played it in years, of course; owing to the fact that the disk drive on my old Atari ST went dead ages ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X