No announcement yet.

Name the Game - Part 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clue #3: Finding components was the critical part of the game's "magic" system.

And with that, I'm going away for the weekend, so if it anyone gets it right in the meantime... um... sorry?
    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

• Betrayal at kondor
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Clue #4: It was hailed as being quite detailed and historicly accurate...

Comment

• "magic"
          "historically accurate"

Also, I know nothing about PC games that early.
          I give up, without even guessing a game.

Comment

• I put "magic" in quotes for a reason Some might have considered it magic, whereas to others it was pure science...

Comment

• Cyberstorm 2

Comment

• Clue #5: It was the first, and last, RPG produced by this company.

Comment

• Daggerfall?
                  Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

• Aaargh. I keep thinking of likely games but the fifth clue puts brakes on all of my ideas.
                    Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                    Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

• I was going to say Ultima VII, because it was 1992, was very open-ended, was very historically accurate within its own world, you needed components to use magic (reagents), but it's not the "first and last" game from Origin.

Comment

• Star Control 2 was quite openended, sorta-an-RPG... but historically accurate? Balls.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Hmmm MPS did release a RPG set in the dark ages...in that sense it is the 'only' RPG game...Darklands?
                          Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Comment

• Hmmm MPS did release a RPG set in the dark ages...in that sense it is the 'only' RPG game...Darklands?
                            *ding* *ding* *ding*!

We have a winner! Big ol' alchemy system, and praised for historical accuracy (though I don't recall any dragons in Germany... )

Comment

• Originally posted by ZargonX

*ding* *ding* *ding*!

We have a winner! Big ol' alchemy system, and praised for historical accuracy (though I don't recall any dragons in Germany... )

Woohoo! Although I've heard and read about it I have to admit i never played it myself . Apparently it was a very good RPG.

Comment

• In the the dark I struck my mark! Guess it's time once more to stay and say....

This one's from the early 90's, appeared on the PC (and later on the Amiga as well).

First we'll start by the naming the place
                                For this one takes much space...

Comment

Working...
                                X