X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surviving Mafia to the end, lesson 3

Originally posted by Ljube-ljcvetko

Explain your conclusions Dr. Guynemer!
    It is very unwise to start a new pile, when a pile on you has already been started.
    Last edited by Ljube; June 23, 2004, 08:02.

Comment

Er, no.
      Maybe Guynemer is the murderer, but there is nothing in that clue to lead you to that conclusion. The mafia will have said that he wants to poison Smiley, and that he will be using Cyanide. Kass will duly put this into the mouth of the doctor in his write-up, being unaware of the other possible poisons that might cause this. Maybe he even had to look up the effects of cyanide on Google. Just because we are told the cause of death by the doctor does not implicate the doctor in any way. It's simply the way that you write Mafia games. You have to share the clues out between different people, so that the same person does not find a clue after each murder, and you have to allow the doctor to give a cause of death, if only to move the story along. Once the doctor buys it, another character suddenly discovers that they remembered a lot more than they thought they had dozing in the corner of the school biology laboratory. With an obvious cause of death, like rah's floggings then it doesn't take a doctor, but with poisoning the players must be informed of the mafia's method.

Besides, a good docpiling is so much more therapeutic. It lifts the body and soul.

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york

Besides, a good docpiling is so much more therapeutic. It lifts the body and soul.
        I think you just want Skanky dead.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I will go with the troublesome helpdesk....they always act clueless, when you know they sometimes do know something....Jon Miller

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud

Ha! very amusing
            -
            while anyone could have had access to the office supplies used to kill our great leader, Kassiopeia, I would assume that Human Resources would be in charge of the largest amount of supplies, thus, I suspect Rah.
            Back at ya. DarkCloud

In most larger corporations, HR has nothing to do with supplies.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Or doing anything that could remotely be regarded as work, for that matter.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                I read an interesting text on HR yesterday:

Human resource departments suffer from what we might call an identity crisis, one that stems from the following nervously guarded secret: that they don't really manage the firm's human resources at all. (...) The only human resources that a human resource department could truly hope to manage are the professionals in the department itself.

From Eccles et al. - Beyond the hype: Rediscovering the essence of management.

Comment

to both of you. I find myself in agreement.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

and I will probably be laughing more at this later today, after a group meeting with our HR reps...

Comment

My oath says, "do no harm."

But it doesn't say anything about "do no vengence," Ljube-ljcvetko.

Now, onto clues... the only thing that stood out to me is the greenish cast to Kassi's skin, allegedly from the computer or death itself. I don't know why that struck me, but it did. So I'm a bit suspicious of those whose avatars prominently feature green.

/me eyes rah and Spaced Cowboy warily.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I gotta go with Skanky, because his demands for multiple access points to the Internet would have created a large strain on the budget. We can't let that happen...

Comment

Surviving Mafia to the end, lesson 4

Originally posted by DarkCloud

..., thus, I suspect Rah.

It is often very dangerous to vote for rah paricularly if you are starting the pile, because rah always exerts swift vengeance.

Originally posted by rah

Back at ya. DarkCloud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                            My oath says, "do no harm."

But it doesn't say anything about "do no vengence," Ljube-ljcvetko.

Hmmm, Guy, you are not the kind of guy that would vote out of revenge. In fact, in the last game of mafia you voted for whom you thought the mafia was even though your life was at stake.

This behaviour of yours is very suspicious.

Comment

What is the tally of votes so far?

Comment

Random vote:

Method
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X