Emulators etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emulators etc.

So I am jst a regular G who misses playing all of those old SNES games that I used to play with my honkies in the past.
    Now I, being a well cultured G have heard much from my rhyming crew about these thizzangs called emulators.
    But alas I don't know where to get one, what the probablility is htta I can find a good game like Secret of Mana, or a Donkey Kong Game.
    Also, I got into DOS gmaes for a short while, but ended up downloading one that secerely f***ed up our compy and left us high and dry w/o a working harddrive. Yes, my fmaily was pissed at me.
    SO what are the odds that the same will happen to me from an emulator?
    Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
    Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Search for ZSNES, best SNES emulator around.

If you need help finding the ROMs, PM me. I have pretty much all the best games, and some rare ones. (including a few that where never officially released, or where later translated by fans)
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Are ROMs the games themselves?

Comment

Yes.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

So Ludd, now I have hte ZNES emulator, and I have another question. Can I download jsut any SNES ROM for my emulator? ANd if not, then what's a n***a( I spelled it w/ an A so I'm not racist!!) to do?

Comment

any SNES ROM should work with ZSNES.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Dudes, you can't do that here.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

do what? discuss gaming? SInce when is htta a crime? This is one of the few few times that I'm not turning a thread into spam mountain!

Comment

Now, now, alva's not turning it into a spam mountain either. Just pointing out that you are downloading games, not paying for them, hence it might be... hmmm.. risky around here to discuss that. Although I'm thinking it would be more of a judgement call on the part of rah, or whoever happens to come by here, than anything. Though I'm thinking the verdict may be the same as for those small beat up canines we aren't allowed to mention here.
                  XBox Live: VovanSim
                  xbox.com (login required)
                  Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                  Spore page

Comment

It's not a judgement call, I've seen Ming close threads on this subject before and usually coming with a warning.
                    If there is one thing he is strict on then it's it this, yes even abadonware (Ming does not belief such a thing exists )
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Emulators are legal, Roms are not.

Which is why I told him to enquire via PM if that is what he needs.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Well... discussion of the emulators is fine... just not using copyrighted games from my understanding.

Personally, I like SNES9X... but it does have a great Mac version... though finding those darn player made games is certainly hard to do...
                        I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Yes I know ( I don't make the here btw. ), the downloading are probably enough though.

btw, they're is a great flash version of Donkey Kong too, less hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                            It's not a judgement call, I've seen Ming close threads on this subject before.
                            So then it's uhh... A judgement call made official. What I was trying to say is that this is pretty much the same as the ud case, I think, and I thought that was a judgement call. Hence, so is this IMO. But if such discussions have been closed before, so much more reason to quieten up and let this baby sink out of the view.
                            XBox Live: VovanSim
                            xbox.com (login required)
                            Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                            Spore page

Comment

It's also legal if you own the game in question. For instance, I own Chrono Trigger for the SNES, but I don't feel like dragging my SNES out to play it, so am I allowed to have a "backup" copy for my own use. If that is in the form of a ROM, that is valid, legally speaking.
                              I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Working...
                              X