New Pirates trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kropotkin
    The sword fights is indeed in need of improvements. The old games fights would hardly interest today's players. Hopefully Sid can manage to take the good parts from fighting games and add a reasonable amount of Errol Flynn-feeling to it without turning it into something unrealistic.

I'm affraid there's a risk that they overdo the 3D part of it all, keep it simple when possible is my motto when it comes to computer games.
    Well the fighting from, say, Prince of Persia 2 would fit in nicely. Let's remember that whilst graphics can sometimes crowd out gameplay this isn't necessarily going to be the case, and the potential is fact greater today.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

Call me an uncoordinated dedicated TBS player but I hope the fighting doesn't get too complex. If I need to be able to pull off special moves with perfect timing the game will just gather dust. The ballroom dancing looked like a fun new addition. More new minigames are a good thing (as long as I can play them )
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

Just noticed that there is also a Designer Diary thing posted on Gamespot. Along with some concept art.

Check out here:

Colead Artist Marc Hudgins explains some of the challenges involved in reimaging the world of Pirates!
        XBox Live: VovanSim
        xbox.com (login required)
        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
        Spore page

Comment

I like the concept art !
          Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
          Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Well the fighting from, say, Prince of Persia 2 would fit in nicely.

Btw, just checked, Prince of Persia 2 is the name for the SEQUAL to Sands of Time. So you are asking to include the fighting from a game not even in existance .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I think the beautiful daughter needs way more cleavage than is evident in the concept art.

This is the 00s, not the 50s!
              Last edited by DanS; June 11, 2004, 13:06.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                Well the fighting from, say, Prince of Persia 2 would fit in nicely.

Btw, just checked, Prince of Persia 2 is the name for the SEQUAL to Sands of Time. So you are asking to include the fighting from a game not even in existance .
                Well I'm calling it Prince of Persia 2 because of the old Prince of Persia game, but I take your point.

Comment

But, like I said... there were TWO old Prince of Persia games... in fact you can unlock both in Sands of Time .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I blame it on 'newbie' production houses(or newbie staff), that judge anything that might have been around before they were wetting thier nappies as being unimportant.
                    They could do with learning respect(and how to count properly) at my drillmasters computer games academy - damnit!
                    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      But, like I said... there were TWO old Prince of Persia games... in fact you can unlock both in Sands of Time .
                      For reference my post above regarding fighting in Prince of Persia refers to The sands of time. The comment stands. The combat is simple enough, but quite good fun.

Those games are not unlockable in the PC version btw.

Comment

Ah, poor guy . Get the XBox version then.

Comment

So, I'm taking some late night time looking at the screenshots on the official site (as always, a site with a lot of graphics but not much essence). On the second screenshot there's a familiar text; 'a rowdy band of 16 men offers to join your crew'. Now, I always wanted to be able to settle for less. Do you remember back in the days when you went into to port and walked over to the tavern, with the hopes of picking up 20-30 men to replace some recent 'collateral damage' (to use a modern term)? What did you get? Due to being infamous and all that, there's always hundereds of people wanting to sign up (at times more than the total population in town). Before you know it you'll have over 1000 sailors, screaming for plunder and you have to change all you plans and head for Panama or some other backwater spaniard place to get rid of the excess load... Oh the luxury problems I had back then...

Comment

Anyone here any updates on Pirates! 2? The latest on Port Royale 2 is a November 2004 release date but I haven't heard anything on Pirates! 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin
                              So, I'm taking some late night time looking at the screenshots on the official site (as always, a site with a lot of graphics but not much essence). On the second screenshot there's a familiar text; 'a rowdy band of 16 men offers to join your crew'. Now, I always wanted to be able to settle for less. Do you remember back in the days when you went into to port and walked over to the tavern, with the hopes of picking up 20-30 men to replace some recent 'collateral damage' (to use a modern term)? What did you get? Due to being infamous and all that, there's always hundereds of people wanting to sign up (at times more than the total population in town). Before you know it you'll have over 1000 sailors, screaming for plunder and you have to change all you plans and head for Panama or some other backwater spaniard place to get rid of the excess load... Oh the luxury problems I had back then...

Do what I always do. Attack a large town by land, sit back and let your troops get slaughtered. If you still have too much, rinse&repeat. Less men=more gold per person=happier crew!
                              Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Working...
                              X