Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

idea pertaining to newbs and games (Mafia)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• assassins
    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Assassins sounds great

Comment

• You know, I've got a good idea for a Mafia/Assassin's storyline [although I probably shouldn't GM for my first ever game]

Basically, the idea is to set the game in a Dungeons and Dragons Style setting (people are characters and at the beginning pick their race, alignment, and their character class)

everyone is trapped in a cave-in after a draconic attack and are wandering around in the underdark.

I also run another character called the seer.

(The seer may be the mafia, but he also provides vital answers to questions and can see the future. However, he was hit on the head in a rockslide so his prophecies have been a bit messed up and vague.)

And basically, the game would be run like a Mystery/RPG
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• Assassins is a good alternative.

Comment

• Thank you.
            I'm glad the name is so popular
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• Assassins gets my vote too
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkCloud
                Gangsters just seems wrong... what's gangsterish about just randomly killing people?
                And what's Mafia-ish about it?

I initially chose the name because it was close to "Mafia", but since there's support for "Assassins", I suppose we'll go with that.

Expect a sign-up thread sometime throughout the day tomorrow.

Comment

• I wonder if people will create DLs to play both.
                  Visit First Cultural Industries
                  There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                  Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Nah, if you create a DL you can play twice in one game.

Comment

• Hey I like DC's idea! And yeay to Assassins!
                      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Cloud
                        Gangsters just seems wrong... what's gangsterish about just randomly killing people?
                        The killings aren't random! The mafia has to choose the targets of each hit, and it is far more sensible to kill off the people who are closer to suspecting you than the others, who will just jump on the docpiles regardless of what happense. Of course, the fewer people remaining, the more chance everyone has of ending up under a docpile, but then everyone's playing the same game, and you're lucky if you win. If you go about it systematically, then you'll have a better chance of working out who the mafia is and then making a successful accusation, but you also leave yourself open to assassination.
                        It may be weird, the way that the victims are chosen, but it is not random. Well, not unless your mafia is an idiot.

Comment

• is this game going to be goer soon ??
                          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Expect a sign-up thread sometime throughout the day tomorrow.
                            I'm looking forward to that

The killings aren't random! The mafia has to choose the targets of each hit, and it is far more sensible to kill off the people who are closer to suspecting you than the others, who will just jump on the docpiles regardless of what happense. Of course, the fewer people remaining, the more chance everyone has of ending up under a docpile, but then everyone's playing the same game, and you're lucky if you win. If you go about it systematically, then you'll have a better chance of working out who the mafia is and then making a successful accusation, but you also leave yourself open to assassination.
                            It may be weird, the way that the victims are chosen, but it is not random. Well, not unless your mafia is an idiot.
                            Well personally, if I were the townspeople, I would start suspecting something if everyone who voted for DarkCloud started mysteriously dying I would be a bit more covert... (won't reveal my full strategy here, however)
                            -->Visit CGN!

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york

I think the best strategy for mafia is to choose their victims randomly.

Comment

• But it's more fun to carefully select the victims

Like the game where I was the mafia and Guynemer was my brother, I chose to kill him, knowing that the clues would point towards me... and the fun I had afterwards with all those people getting lost in the clues
                                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X