No announcement yet.

Age of Wonders : Shadow Magic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're pretty vague there, what's going on in that scenario (it's been a while since I last played it), but anyways 100 turns is a LOT!

I play the game on hard (enemy wizards are emperors instead of puny squires etc ) and I finish a big map in about 50-80 turns depending on the map. Spending more time on 1 turn, but using less turns is more effective btw

Anyway I finally finished the SP campaign today, and what a great campaign it was, with great and original maps and events etc though it was still a bit too easy . Too bad the standard scenarios are always just symmetric maps that are rather predictable, and without the great athmosphere from the campaign...
    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Jules
      Now why did I forget you could rebuild razed cities with a Pioneer? For only a modest investment you can end up with a fully developed city. I could be a lot further along by now.

The devil is in the details.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Actually I never raze cities at all. It's better that way because even if you can only build a few archers there they can hurt a bigger enemy army that has no flyers or creatures that can scale walls. Also the more cities the enemy has the more he has to divide his army over all those cities. Very often sacrificing a city can open up a nice route to other cities.

In SM there's often razed cities on the map already though, but in a lot of cases you need to build them up from scratch again (they don't have many upgrades to start with)
        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
        X