• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any progress on the project, ADG?

Hope you did well on the exams, btw.
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

Comment

• We're not done with the exams yet... the exams-project is due to this friday, and then I have to study the the...uhmm... english word needed... "talking exams"...
      Wont be before mid-june I'm done...
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• Ack, that's a lot of exams. Good luck then.
        Spore page

Comment

• Thx, I'll need it

Comment

• I just got an idea... I just downloaded a new skin for winamp... this one to be exact...

And then I was thinking if it would be a good idea to try to make Nuclear War like this...
            I mean to have the game just be a small window, which basicly contains all information needed... of course I'll have to spend lot of time trying to design it correctly, to make sure it's got everything it needs...

This gives a huge advantage: You don't have to alt+tab back to windows, if you're getting tired of waiting for the other players orders... You can even have several games running at once... and I don't have to spend time creating an ingame chat, since you can just use Messenger/ICQ/Whatever at the same time
            I also don't have to waste time trying to find out how DirectX works (The thing that gave me lots of trouble)

I'm posting this here for several reasons:

1) To remind me later, when I got time to program it
            2) To hear what others got to say about this

Comment

• english word needed... "talking exams"...
              "oral" exams.

good luck
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• Ah, thx... to both

Comment

• Does the game have sound?
                  Visit First Cultural Industries
                  There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                  Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• I doubt it will... at least not in the first version, which will basicly just be a 'quick' version, to get something usefull running...

When that'll be I don't know... but I hope soon, since I can't wait to play this game

Comment

• If you code it in Java, I can help you.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• No takers?
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

• I wont make the game in Java... I started in java, but since nobody gave a hand I decided to stop, and I wont return to it, since I'm tired of Java...

Comment

• Originally posted by ADG
                            I wont return to it, since I'm tired of Java...
                            Java is teh eevil.
                            Spore page

Comment

• Me neither, how everyone is so fond of it?

Can' stand Jbuilder, especially the debugger ( foundation edition)
                              Don't like to say it but I really prefer Visual studio and VB.net, granted I'm a newbie but still...
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• I don't see you have any need for a debugger anyway, alva

Anyway, Java is excellent because it's OO and completely extensible. That means people can write classes that you can drop in and use.

Of course, because it's OO, a lot of people started with imperative languages can't wrap their heads around it.

VB isn't bad, but it lacks power.

Comment

Working...
                                X