No announcement yet.

Project - Apolyton game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't need to hurry... I believe the chat box needs to be larger, but wait with changing it until I know for sure...
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• I just uploaded a new version of the game:

Source code avaliable here

Someone please download this, and tell me of any problems...

We also need to make a small test to see if the socket works (I don't have other computers to test on)...

I'll setup a server, while someone joins it...

Comment

• [Shameless advertising]
        ... This project is still open for other people who's interested in helping out...
        [/Shameless advertising]

Comment

• I get the same error as before... or do you need to run it through another program, or something? I'm just clicking on the exe in the debug folder.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• You need to have .Net framework installed to get it working... and maybe it requires something else I'm not aware of... that's why I only want people who has Visual Studio installed to try it...

Comment

• And here are the graphics. Not neccisarily the final product - it can always be changed. (I'm not completely happy with the buttons anyways) But it's got everythign you need for now, atleast.

It's five files - the background, and two buttons with two images each, A is supposed to be unpressed and B pressed.

How it's supposed to look:

(I deleted all the old previews to save bandwidth, by the way)
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• If I put the option 'strict' on I get some
                "The referenced component 'Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D' could not be found. "
                errors.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• But did you download the newest version? I have removed all references to DirectX I believe...

Comment

• Ah yeah, now I know... I forgot to remove them under 'references' in project manager... when you do that, it should work (I hope)

Comment

• Yep, no more errors.

Well, one (a conversion error) changed it, so now it is clean

-
                      Oh, btw...what happened to your naming conventions young man !!!!
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

• Not sure what you're refering to?

Are you refering to the fact there's a few temp pictures/etc with the default name?

And what error was that?

Comment

• Single to integer error.

Comment

• Our teachers has always just teached us to use integer's, that's why I use it all over the project...

Comment

• Oh, and have you learned anything about socket connections?

In the game I've just noticed that it wont accept my global ip (not under host game at least)... and I have no idea how make it accept this

Comment

• Oh, and have you learned anything about socket connections?

Nope, can't help your. Not for many months to come .

-
                                You never use:
                                Convert.To[insert type you want to convert it too(int32,string,etc)]
                                ?

Comment

Working...
                                X